I miss SWG

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Cerceuil
Forum Moderator

Re: I miss SWG

Post by Cerceuil » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:05 pm

im working on getting back, but what concerns me most of all is the Trading Card Game that seems to have become too vital to the game when it comes to items. yes, i know, items are not the end all be all, but it would be nice to be able to have a chance to aquire, say the dinner, without having to spend extra money every month. money, which im sure, many people dont have at the moment.

I am also aware that the the TCG isnt neccesary, but neither are many things in game, but why do we play games in the first place but for enjoyment.

have to run, but, one day....maybe soon...ill grace the galaxy again.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Cerceuil wrote:im working on getting back, but what concerns me most of all is the Trading Card Game that seems to have become too vital to the game when it comes to items. yes, i know, items are not the end all be all, but it would be nice to be able to have a chance to aquire, say the dinner, without having to spend extra money every month. money, which im sure, many people dont have at the moment.

I am also aware that the the TCG isnt neccesary, but neither are many things in game, but why do we play games in the first place but for enjoyment.

We miss you C, we really do /hug

About the TCG: The only stuff I do is the monthly packs which I open, consider it a monthly X-mas ;)
Been lucky so far, at least one account each month, but within the guild we share a lot of the stuff, not the cards/items as they are no-trade but the use of them. They are definitely no hinder to get back and up and running.

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Cerceuil wrote:im working on getting back, but what concerns me most of all is the Trading Card Game that seems to have become too vital to the game when it comes to items. yes, i know, items are not the end all be all, but it would be nice to be able to have a chance to aquire, say the dinner, without having to spend extra money every month. money, which im sure, many people dont have at the moment.

To be honest I think the TCG has replaced the NGE as the current misguided whine topic of SWG.

There is literally nothing in the TCG that is required to play the game and who's role is not filled by something in the game already and freely available.

As far as spending extra money goes you dont have to as the give you 5 packs free every month just for subscribing and those are the only ones I use, to date I have received both the Diner and the Barn in those free packs.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Wed May 06, 2009 7:23 pm

First off, everyone who played SWG before really needs to try again with fresh eyes. It's not the same game, but much better in my opinion.

Secondly and off-topic, you mean that you can subscribe to TCG and get packs every month that may contain SWG items? Without actually playing TCG is my question. LOL I've tried it, but I can't figure it out. And I doubt I would subscribe, but was curious. It might be more interesting to me if I got stuff while muddling through how to play the silly thing. And I have one card as loot in SWG while crafting and don't know what to do with it. It's just another piece of SWG I'd like to learn about. Might be worth it for a bit to subscribe. I thought you had to play and win to get items. Which for me is useless. :P

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed May 06, 2009 7:57 pm

I've decided too come back to swg just because I like the crafting and the new homes.

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Reeth » Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Dea wrote:Secondly and off-topic, you mean that you can subscribe to TCG and get packs every month that may contain SWG items? Without actually playing TCG is my question. LOL I've tried it, but I can't figure it out. [...] I thought you had to play and win to get items. Which for me is useless. :P
You don't need to subscribe to the TCG as such, your payment to play SWG includes the card game. That includes the five free packs of cards a month that Monty mentioned.

There are items you can win by playing (like the Battle Droid Vendor that I think is still available), but the card packs also have a random (small) chance of containing a 'loot card' that can be redeemed for in game items. The list of currently available loot cards is here.

I am quite crap at the game but I managed to muddle my way through to getting the Battle Droid vendor and last months Jawa Greeter, but I've had no luck with any loot cards yet. :(

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Wed May 06, 2009 9:39 pm

OK, well, I'll take a look at it. I spent the better part of two nights doing the tutorials. LOL But ok, maybe its worth a look at. :) THANK YOU!

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Reeth » Thu May 07, 2009 3:32 am

Reeth wrote:[..] but I've had no luck with any loot cards yet. :(
Well, wouldn't you know it! When I got home I opened up the TCG window and my 5 packs for the month had arrived. I suppose an HH-15 Torpedo Warhead loot card is (slightly) better than nothing... :roll:

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Thu May 07, 2009 1:19 pm

OK, got in and found my cards. Woo HOOOO! I'm addicted now. LOL Still can't play the game, but I'll redeem those babies every month. I didn't have anything special so far (part 4 for the jetpack schematic), although I had tons of packs that had accumulated. But my brother checked his and got a cool Meatlump greeter for our vendor house in one of his. :D I'm glad I went ahead and just asked a stupid question now.

Arriene
Novice Crafter

Post by Arriene » Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 pm

I read through this and my eyes misted over a tad. I have memories of grinding the different trees. Trying to finish scout, begging for visitors and making tents and camo packs...grinding the crafts, changing to commando and swearing to the twi'lek gods it was THE best profession then a couple weeks later saying TK was then swordsman lol.....anyway I do miss the old days...I miss my friends,and guildmates and the way we discussed who would be the first jedi...then the fateful day we were all standing in our guild courtyard and the old man came sauntering in. The screams of OMG THE OLD MAN THE OLD MAN!!!!! in ventrillo...the sudden silence as he walked up and spoke to ME...I still get emotional...the grind was suck but the old man showing up was the highlight of my game. I never got to finish the village...I had 2 boxes left...they won't give me elder jedi...and it hurts...but I sill love SWG even after having taken a 2 year break at the beginning of the Post NGE...to play EQ2. When I did return...it was like coming home.
I'll always have my memories, be glad to know my old friends grew up, graduated college and now are starting their own families. My family has grown up in the meantime, I'm now 45 this summer, I'm seeing my highschool aged son get excited playing SWG and my college daughter dancing and flirting in the cantina.... it has all been a wonderful journey. I like to see Lark fly by on her speeder and wave to her remembering all the times she hired my alt to find her avian meats or whatever lol....Thank you all for the fun...and I hope to see you in game for another 5 years or more :) Thanks for the memories...and the future ones :)

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:46 am

Well, I've been MIA since February, and I'd love to come back. Unfortunately, I lost my house and my job and had to move to the mountains. Now the only internet I get is satellite and you can't play any games online with it due to bandwidth limits. Hopefully I'll get a new job soon and be able to come back.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:18 pm

thegreywolfe wrote:Well, I've been MIA since February, and I'd love to come back. Unfortunately, I lost my house and my job and had to move to the mountains. Now the only internet I get is satellite and you can't play any games online with it due to bandwidth limits. Hopefully I'll get a new job soon and be able to come back.
I hope you can get back, our guild says one thing about it, "RL first". I had to leave for 6 months for similar reasons. Now I have a job where I can use this site, but no 'official' sites related to the game. I think I am better off with all the good stuff here. :mrgreen:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:29 pm

thegreywolfe wrote:Well, I've been MIA since February, and I'd love to come back. Unfortunately, I lost my house and my job and had to move to the mountains. Now the only internet I get is satellite and you can't play any games online with it due to bandwidth limits. Hopefully I'll get a new job soon and be able to come back.
Welcome back tgw, good to see you here again. Truly sorry to hear about your situation and fingers crossed everything is resolved soon for you :)

/Zim

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Yeah, here's hoping. I just found out a little while ago that there are rumors that California may be cutting unemployment and or sending out IOU's. Anyone knows anyone hiring, let me know.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:44 am

Yeah, and now the banks are not even honoring those IOUs either. Unbelievable. Where in the mountains are you?

Wow, I realize I've been away for 5 months myself. Was getting bored, and then guild drama just slapped me in the face. I'd joined a guild when I first got on Flurry. Days later that guild disbanded, so then I was invited to join a new one which I did. Meanwhile the first guild re-constituted itself, but nobody told me. And finally, the second guild which I'd joined had a mass exodus after a rather charismatic leader left, and she informed us she would be joining the re-constituted guild. Unbelievable. So I cancelled my account, then I happen to visit the main site today and see the thing about accounts being temporarily renewed.