I miss SWG

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: I miss SWG

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:57 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Yeah, and now the banks are not even honoring those IOUs either. Unbelievable. Where in the mountains are you?

Wow, I realize I've been away for 5 months myself. Was getting bored, and then guild drama just slapped me in the face. I'd joined a guild when I first got on Flurry. Days later that guild disbanded, so then I was invited to join a new one which I did. Meanwhile the first guild re-constituted itself, but nobody told me. And finally, the second guild which I'd joined had a mass exodus after a rather charismatic leader left, and she informed us she would be joining the re-constituted guild. Unbelievable. So I cancelled my account, then I happen to visit the main site today and see the thing about accounts being temporarily renewed.

If your playing a Rebel, and don't want the drama, WARR Machine is always in need of good crafters... :twisted:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

User avatar
wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: I miss SWG

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:38 am

fridge33sam wrote:
If your playing a Rebel, and don't want the drama, WARR Machine is always in need of good crafters... :twisted:
What's Flurry like these days after the Character Tranfers? Are you packed in there like sardines in a can?

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: I miss SWG

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:58 pm

More like folded droids in transport ships ;)












But what do I know, Flurry is far from Chimaera :P

/Zimon

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Re: I miss SWG

Post by redwhitenblue » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
What's Flurry like these days after the Character Tranfers? Are you packed in there like sardines in a can?

Server transfer day was the laggiest I've ever seen, but it's settled into a nice bustling place, but not so crowded that it causes problems. I've always said this was the best server ever, I just love it here.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: I miss SWG

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:56 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:
wrackspurt wrote:
What's Flurry like these days after the Character Tranfers? Are you packed in there like sardines in a can?

Server transfer day was the laggiest I've ever seen, but it's settled into a nice bustling place, but not so crowded that it causes problems. I've always said this was the best server ever, I just love it here.

I am a transient from Naritus. We've managed to find a nice little niche in the Galaxy, outside the Rori Rebel base. Everyone seems to have accepted us transfers, though at first there was a lot of drama and misgivings. I can say that I can walk around anywhere now, and either ask for help, or give what little help I can to others. Even the pet grinding spots are pretty active with afk groups, or chat groups while you are there. The pvp style here on Flurry was different when we first got here, to the point of the mass confrontations caused me to stop that all together (my poor, ancient, pc couldn't handle the 50 v 50 winner take all battles in Restuss.) I am for the battlegrounds, but that system could use a little tweakage imho.

resource spawns can get a little competitive, especially with some of the stuff that's in spawn now for shipwrights. As a chef I can't seem to find much super high quality, so I'm making my living making pet food and pet stims with the help of a guildie. I don't make much, but it works.

Now that I have bored you with my synopsis of life on Flurry, I am sure others will burn me down with other opinions.

/cheers
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Re: I miss SWG

Post by redwhitenblue » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:28 pm

/tap Nagurra

The massive Restuss pvp is back! Over the past couple days there have been some major battles in Restuss, I was even lagging on my brand new awesome laptop. But you did paint a pretty accurate picture of Flurry, especially the fighting over resource spawns lol. It was like that even before the transfers, basically if you don't catch a spawn on the first day you're gonna have to settle for the small amounts you'll get from the edges of everyone else's harvesters. With that crazy Ionite I actually resorted to hand sampling with all four accounts at once, biggest group of harvesters you ever saw between Mos Espa and Mos Krayta.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

User avatar
wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: I miss SWG

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:54 am

So how is Catalina Market doing these days?

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Re: I miss SWG

Post by redwhitenblue » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm touched that you asked...

I made it up to city and had a shuttle for a few weeks, but then we lost a lot of citizens when my guild got disbanded, and there are a handful of people that moved in and never really played or were playing and had to stop for various reasons. We have enough active players to hold level 3 and I am working on rearranging the city to be more centralized around the public buildings. So while it's not as bustling as it used to be it's still a pretty pleasant place to call home. I've decided not to worry about moving a ton of people in, just my friends or guildies that are looking for somewhere to set their houses.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

User avatar
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: I miss SWG

Post by thegreywolfe » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:54 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Yeah, and now the banks are not even honoring those IOUs either. Unbelievable. Where in the mountains are you?

Wow, I realize I've been away for 5 months myself. Was getting bored, and then guild drama just slapped me in the face. I'd joined a guild when I first got on Flurry. Days later that guild disbanded, so then I was invited to join a new one which I did. Meanwhile the first guild re-constituted itself, but nobody told me. And finally, the second guild which I'd joined had a mass exodus after a rather charismatic leader left, and she informed us she would be joining the re-constituted guild. Unbelievable. So I cancelled my account, then I happen to visit the main site today and see the thing about accounts being temporarily renewed.
Sorry I didn't reply right away, I've spent the last two weeks working on moving. I am now located in San Jose California and have good internet, so I'm loading up the game right now and will be re-subscribing real soon now.
Image

User avatar
wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: I miss SWG

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:52 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:I'm touched that you asked...

I made it up to city and had a shuttle for a few weeks, but then we lost a lot of citizens when my guild got disbanded, and there are a handful of people that moved in and never really played or were playing and had to stop for various reasons. We have enough active players to hold level 3 and I am working on rearranging the city to be more centralized around the public buildings. So while it's not as bustling as it used to be it's still a pretty pleasant place to call home. I've decided not to worry about moving a ton of people in, just my friends or guildies that are looking for somewhere to set their houses.

Got room for one more?

User avatar
wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: I miss SWG

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:54 pm

thegreywolfe wrote:
Sorry I didn't reply right away, I've spent the last two weeks working on moving. I am now located in San Jose California and have good internet, so I'm loading up the game right now and will be re-subscribing real soon now.

Yeah, I was just in Santa Rosa for a few days, and they're saying unemployment is the highest it's been there since 1983. It's too bad. I really liked living there, just too hard to make it.

User avatar
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: I miss SWG

Post by thegreywolfe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:38 am

wrackspurt wrote:
thegreywolfe wrote:
Sorry I didn't reply right away, I've spent the last two weeks working on moving. I am now located in San Jose California and have good internet, so I'm loading up the game right now and will be re-subscribing real soon now.

Yeah, I was just in Santa Rosa for a few days, and they're saying unemployment is the highest it's been there since 1983. It's too bad. I really liked living there, just too hard to make it.
Fortunately I may have some help. My dad works up here and may be able to help me find work. Either way though, I've got unemployment til February and don't have to pay rent.
Image

User avatar
Cerceuil
Forum Moderator
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am
Location: behind you...

Re: I miss SWG

Post by Cerceuil » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:48 am

id love to get back in the game, but, ATM, with my current job...i barely have time sleep.

well, obviously i had time to skim through here, but...sigh..bah.
Image

User avatar
Cerceuil
Forum Moderator
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:27 am
Location: behind you...

Re: I miss SWG

Post by Cerceuil » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 am

Lucy...I'm back.
Image

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: I miss SWG

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Cerceuil wrote:Lucy...I'm back.
WB!

Where did you settle in at?

You're back and I'm probably going to have to take another hiatus, the wife finished her degree, now it's my turn...
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests