Sunrunner:

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Sunrunner:

Post by Monty Burns » Fri May 02, 2008 9:48 pm

I figured this was as good a time as any to make a Sunrunner thread as I am noticing a lot more people updating the resources section although I am not sure how many are reading the forums.

Anyway just saying hi.

- Charles'M (Master Shipwright/Architect).

dcwzero
Novice Crafter

Re: Sunrunner:

Post by dcwzero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:42 pm

HI!!!

DCWTrader (master architect/shipwright)

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:17 am

Hiya! Recently returned Armorsmith here. Need to replentish my resources

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:11 am

Hehe I have been back over a year and I am still restocking my resources.

It has been a particularly bad year for quality resources on Sunrunner especially Gemstone and Peroskovic Aluminum.

Still if there is anything I can do to help let me know, I am not as active in the crafting arena as I would like to be because I am tied up keeping the city intact thanks to the latest "suck the fun out of the game" rule changes but I do still get some time to monitor and collect resources.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:48 pm

well the first thing I need is to figure out a good place to get Bespin Port, and a set of crafting clothes. I also need to get some of the necessary stuff like the cybernetic arm and the shard.

Then I need to figure out if anyone is selling resources I need.
I also need to figure out how to get some cash, as I am down to 500k.

I noticed missions don't give as much money as they used to, so if I want to make cash I need to either make new stuff to sell or sell my veteran rewards.

I have a bunch of Battle armor segments (converted from the old padded armor segments I think) that have only 370 protection on each piece. Do you think I should make it into cheap armor and sell it to the newbies for some cash?

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:21 am

MoonDragn wrote:well the first thing I need is to figure out a good place to get Bespin Port, and a set of crafting clothes. I also need to get some of the necessary stuff like the cybernetic arm and the shard.

Then I need to figure out if anyone is selling resources I need.
I also need to figure out how to get some cash, as I am down to 500k.

I noticed missions don't give as much money as they used to, so if I want to make cash I need to either make new stuff to sell or sell my veteran rewards.

I have a bunch of Battle armor segments (converted from the old padded armor segments I think) that have only 370 protection on each piece. Do you think I should make it into cheap armor and sell it to the newbies for some cash?
Well I get all my Bespin from Xobara who tends to make and sell it cheaply.
Resources you will have a lot of trouble with, we have had some really nice steel spawns but very little in the way of Polymer and literally horrible spawns of Peroskovic Aluminum.

Veteran rewards sell "ok" but the price on them is down currently due to the spate of "free months" SOE handed out late last year.

In terms of cash I would probably look at getting into REing as that brings in most of my Weaponsmiths money and you can use your segments to make disposable armour to RE with.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 pm

I don't think it is even worth doing RE with the armor segments. You can simply make mabori belts which use a lot less resources. I see good resources that are selling for like 20 mil... geesh If I had that kind of cash...

I am starting to do RE, but like I said I need the cybernetic arm and the Shard for luck plus any other luck items. I have none of that right now. I think I figured out how it all works though from reading the guides and experimenting.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:15 am

MoonDragn wrote:I don't think it is even worth doing RE with the armor segments. You can simply make mabori belts which use a lot less resources. I see good resources that are selling for like 20 mil... geesh If I had that kind of cash...

I am starting to do RE, but like I said I need the cybernetic arm and the Shard for luck plus any other luck items. I have none of that right now. I think I figured out how it all works though from reading the guides and experimenting.
Hehe you can pretty much get the cybernetic arm while afk in fact I would suggest it is preferable to do it while afk to maintain your sanity.

If you have any fighter toons around 75+ I recommend heading to the Gotals on the Rryatt trail as they drop a lot of luck jewelry and are much easier to kill with moderate gear than Nightsisters.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:46 pm

I don't have any combat toons over 75+ because when I first logged in after all these years and respec my Master commando, it turned him into level 60. That would be fine if he wasn't bugged. I leveled him up 6 times so far, got the expertise points but he's still at level 60... Every time he levels he just resets back to the beginning of 60 again.

Update> Gm looked at it and lo and behold all of a sudden the toon had no problems leveling. The GM claims that there was never a problem.

Btw, looks like the JTL resources for Sunrunner are way out of date. I'll see about updating them tonight unless one of you will get to it first.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Ok this is really frustrating, what is with all of these Fiberplast with high OQ but low SR? The polymer is still lousy. If I could ever find a good combo of both I could get my armor business back off the ground.

At least I found a good use of my old Pre-CU segments that were turned into battle armor segments! They make great droid armor modules :) Maybe I should go into the Droideka business.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 pm

MoonDragn wrote:I don't have any combat toons over 75+ because when I first logged in after all these years and respec my Master commando, it turned him into level 60. That would be fine if he wasn't bugged. I leveled him up 6 times so far, got the expertise points but he's still at level 60... Every time he levels he just resets back to the beginning of 60 again.

Update> Gm looked at it and lo and behold all of a sudden the toon had no problems leveling. The GM claims that there was never a problem.

Btw, looks like the JTL resources for Sunrunner are way out of date. I'll see about updating them tonight unless one of you will get to it first.
By JTL resources I assume you mean Mustafar and Kashyyyk because I do updates on the main planets every 2 days on average by ISD and that also does JTL items, however I do not bother with Mustafar or Kashyyyk as the existing planets chew up more than enough of my time especially the creature section.
MoonDragn wrote:Ok this is really frustrating, what is with all of these Fiberplast with high OQ but low SR? The polymer is still lousy. If I could ever find a good combo of both I could get my armor business back off the ground.

At least I found a good use of my old Pre-CU segments that were turned into battle armor segments! They make great droid armor modules :) Maybe I should go into the Droideka business.
The only Fiberplasts I have in any quantity have stats of
- OQ-944 SR-694
and
-OQ-845 SR-971
I can let you have some of either if it will help.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:02 pm

JTL == Jump To Lightspeed, the space expansion that was added to SWG i the autumn of 2004. At that time certain resources aimed at Shipwrights were also added, and they had some extraordinary qualities such as
  1. no caps which make them surpass the caps of their parent resource classes
  2. increased spawn time, 13 to 22 days
  3. spawn concentrations can be up to just about 100%
The only negative sides I can think of now (tired and on my way to bed) is that a JTL class never has more than one resource in spawn, and only at one random planet at a time.

JTL resources are included in reports from ISDroids, as opposed to the expansions Kashyyyk and Mustafar.

More on JTL is read in
Condensed: Lunariel's Guide on Resource Shifts and more
Lunariel's Guide to Resource Caps
Lunariel's Guide to Resource Shifts

:)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:54 am

Monty, are you using SWGAide for the creature resources? The Resources >> Submit panel?

Even if creature resources still takes more time than anything else I usually update them in about 10 minutes. I filter for Creature Resources and Age 6 days, then walking over the rem.txt notes file with a "30 k device" is a breeze.

BTW, now there is a "confirm" dialog after the phase were we had to be so cautious, so no more worries about a mis-click :)

:D

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:13 am

Zimoon wrote:Monty, are you using SWGAide for the creature resources? The Resources >> Submit panel?

Even if creature resources still takes more time than anything else I usually update them in about 10 minutes. I filter for Creature Resources and Age 6 days, then walking over the rem.txt notes file with a "30 k device" is a breeze.

BTW, now there is a "confirm" dialog after the phase were we had to be so cautious, so no more worries about a mis-click :)

:D

/Zimoon
Yep I am using it and it is faster than doing it by scanning swgcraft for changes it is still takes me 20 mins a day to get through that one alone assuming I don't go cross eyed trying to read the small text on the 30k Crate, I really wish they would make the text in all windows resizable.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Ahh, I am doing these resource updates one at a time from the field :P
I do have a 30k resource left but I have not been using it to check resources.

Btw, Monty, do you have any Hitoug left, Corelian Fiberplast? It was entered by you originally.