JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zebri
Novice Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread (UPDATED)

Post by Zebri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Not sure what, but something in that file has corrupted it, I am unable to Enter resources or configure the schematics, always get the error which says something along the lines of unable to set WeightBorderClass for the resources.

The attached file is what it exactly says, I think it may have something to do with the deleting of your resources?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 9196 times

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 pm

did you import your own resources? And do a complete config of tool?
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:43 pm

What Profession are you? I think in this zip file I left my old munitions and traders checked if you go in to those two professions and clear the checks it might work.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:05 pm

I did make these changes using Excel 2007 wonder if that might be an issue?

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Zebri wrote:Not sure what, but something in that file has corrupted it, I am unable to Enter resources or configure the schematics, always get the error which says something along the lines of unable to set WeightBorderClass for the resources.

The attached file is what it exactly says, I think it may have something to do with the deleting of your resources?
Untitled.jpg
email me your spreadsheet so I can run a debugger on it.

agida@swg-piloten.com

I did use a blank version of the spreadsheet http://www.swg-piloten.com/v2.0.3%20JnF ... GCTool.zip

And I did not have any problems try it again.
Last edited by agida on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zebri
Novice Crafter

Post by Zebri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:05 pm

The error that was seen there is an Excel 2007 error when I have in the past used 2007 it has caused that, I rolled back to 2003 for excel just to use this tool :D

The author said he was going to fix the 2007 error in the next release.

I have tried importing from my previous file, copy/paste values my resources, doing a backup then importing my resources and all 3 methods have resulted in the same error.

File emailed to youself.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:48 am

Zebri wrote:The error that was seen there is an Excel 2007 error when I have in the past used 2007 it has caused that, I rolled back to 2003 for excel just to use this tool :D

I have tried importing from my previous file, copy/paste values my resources, doing a backup then importing my resources and all 3 methods have resulted in the same error.

File emailed to youself.
I've been using an old version 1.8 that I've maintained as it still has some features I like that are not in the current version. I used 2007 myself with the 2003 compatibility mode. I put the latest version I have fixed in the thread below.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:34 am

Zebri wrote:The error that was seen there is an Excel 2007 error when I have in the past used 2007 it has caused that, I rolled back to 2003 for excel just to use this tool :D

File emailed to youself.
so, you're getting the same error in excel 2003? or just on excel 2007?

Artax Wavingwalker

oemoe
Novice Crafter

Post by oemoe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Great to see a coming update to toggle Musti/Kash Resources, waiting on that for a while now! /clap

Question: Im not sure if that has been dealed with before, so excuse me if thats a doubleposting:

As a WS i see that Carbonite Steel for AHWC and ARWC is listed with CD58%/OQ42% although my Crafting Tool ingame shows up 50/50.
1. How comes?
2. and is it possible to change the weighting for the enduser, or would i have to wait for an update if needed?

Thanks in advance

Edit myself: the same goes for link-steel alum as used in
I. AHWC: Sheet shows CD58%/OQ42% where the tool shows 50/50
II. HEC: CD91%/OQ9%, tool: 66/33
gotta say, was taking a longer break from the game; is there something with the WS schematics that im missing?

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:11 pm

oemoe wrote:Great to see a coming update to toggle Musti/Kash Resources, waiting on that for a while now! /clap

Question: Im not sure if that has been dealed with before, so excuse me if thats a doubleposting:

As a WS i see that Carbonite Steel for AHWC and ARWC is listed with CD58%/OQ42% although my Crafting Tool ingame shows up 50/50.
1. How comes?
2. and is it possible to change the weighting for the enduser, or would i have to wait for an update if needed?

Thanks in advance

gotta say, was taking a longer break from the game; is there something with the WS schematics that im missing?
Panio explains in this quote the reason for the returned numbers http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... ion#p11820 search on calculations and you get a lot of hits.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:16 pm

oemoe wrote:Great to see a coming update to toggle Musti/Kash Resources, waiting on that for a while now! /clap

1. How comes?

Thanks in advance

1. shortly it's due to the fact that in crafting the advanced heavy weapon cores, there's one or more resources that don't use CD, so in the resources that use it, CD get a "bigger weight".
2. Actually it's not that simple for the final user, but it's planned to be changed in a near future. (I'll see if I can include a small fix in the next release, just to let you change the experimentation line while waiting for version 3.0 of this tool where you will find the new crafting helper)

Artax Wavingwalker

oemoe
Novice Crafter

Post by oemoe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:23 pm

thanks, guys.

wasnt it like that for ever and a time? forgot a lot in the last 4 years, heh.

cheers

binochio
Novice Crafter

Post by binochio » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:46 am

Hello,

I have a question about the set up of this tool.

It says to fill :
"● Expertise Bonus Increase: This is the percentage you can increase resources' stats, and it depends on how many points you have allocated in your expertise;"

I dont really understand what is the value I should put here. The total number of expertise points I have ? (45 for level 90) Or something else ?

Another question : i suppose this tool only works with Microsoft Office ? Not OpenOffice ?

Thanks for your answer.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 am

binochio wrote:Hello,

I have a question about the set up of this tool.

It says to fill :
"● Expertise Bonus Increase: This is the percentage you can increase resources' stats, and it depends on how many points you have allocated in your expertise;"

I dont really understand what is the value I should put here. The total number of expertise points I have ? (45 for level 90) Or something else ? As a trader you can put some points in your expertise for "resource processing" and "advanced resource refinement" from a minimum of 0 to a max of 4...you have to put there how many points you have (in total) in this 2 boxes

Another question : i suppose this tool only works with Microsoft Office ? Not OpenOffice ? No, currently with open office you might experience some problems

Thanks for your answer.

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi all,

Was thinking of what it takes to add a new schematic to the SWGCtool and thought I'd start researching the best way to do that. This Excel 2007 spreadsheet is the first stage of the spreadsheet that only looks up the schematic and all the fields that are in the Schematic spreadsheet.

See this is just a look-up sheet any ideas or thoughts are welcome. BTW even though you could add a schematic unless Panino or I modify the behind the scenes VBA to handle added schematics. From what I've seen from Panino's modified code it looks like he takes into account changes to the schematic.

The other item that need updates in the other spreadsheets or required and optional components.

Stage II will be to actually add a new schematic to the sheet.
Stage III will be to add the required and optional components to the sheet(s).
Stage IV Check all the existing VBA code and coordinate with Panino if this is something we can add to the SWGCTool.

So for all those interested here's the spreadsheet http://www.swg-piloten.com/Schema_Maintenance_V0.1.zip