IDS Input! ALPHA Test!

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

IDS Input! ALPHA Test!

Post by Slyvampy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:13 am

Please feel free to use the IDS feature on the http://dev.swgcraft.co.uk/add_resources.php page!

The response page hasnt been finished, its just to show you the output/sucess.

Still lots to be done, like all things with this site, its just another thing to really get stuck into.

Have fun inporting :)
Last edited by Slyvampy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:17 pm

It's reading the correct server, planet and the resource names and is adding to the correct database for most items that I tested. I uploaded Kettemoor flora data for all ten planets the ISD reports on. I'll ship out some droids this afternoon with the rest of the survey tools in them.

1. The following did not update to the database at all:
  • -Corellian Berry Fruit
    -Corellian Flower Fruit
    -Corellian Evergreen Wood
2. The following updated incorrectly:
  • -Tatooine Fungi updated as Doonium Iron
    -Talusian Domesticated Corn updated as Nabooian Fiberplast and is displaying on the Rori resource page
3. On all planets Wild Corn updated and displays on the "all planets" page, but none of them display on their specific planet page. They are counting properly in the resource counts for that specific planet though (i.e. Dant count says 18 resources, but only 17 are displaying).

4. If on the filtered view for Yavin, the menu is defaulting to "all planets". The URL is correct and is only displaying the Yavin filter (i.e. planet=10), however, if you then want to view "all planets (i.e. planet=0), you have to select a diff. planet filter in the list other than yavin and then select "all planets.

5. By uploading the same email a second time, I managed to automatically verify my own data (without stats of course). Is there a data verification that could be done to disallow that verification?

Here's a question, since it is actually correctly reading the ISD email date, is it possible to use that date as the date instead of the date/time I actually upload the email file? I say this because yesterday, in the 45 min. between when I received and parsed my droid data and when I pulled the stats, three resources shifted spawn--literally in front of my eyes.

The fruits were recognized correctly in the test upload, which was nice to see. That is one issue that has been broken at the original site--I think since it was both a class and a sub-class, I've always had to enter that one piece of information manually.

What I actually use to update SWGCraft is then a text file with all the info in it so I don't have to actually enter the stats one by one. I know you have that at the bottom of the page but disabled--so hopefully that will be coming in the future:) However, I do use the parser at the old site to prepare my text file--being able to do that would be a nice little tool. So perhaps when it adds the non-statted resource, it can also provide the text file contents for use in entering the stats (I hope that makes sense lol)

i.e. what I upload looks like this:

swgcraft_start
Eepegouhai,Tatooinian Domesticated Rice,280,263,366,848
Benetwib,Tatooinian Wild Oats,544,522,512,675
Apefidenn,Tatooinian Domesticated Wheat,232,276,591,741
Opoot,Tatooinian Vegetable Tubers,324,518,609,778
Emak,Tatooinian Vegetable Fungus,873,910,291,615
Efoarr,Tatooinian Fruit,282,581,875,373
Iebeeve,Tatooinian Flower Fruit,642,720,610,73
Ilygn,Tatooinian Deciduous Wood,89,536,631,575,316
Eikaga,Tatooinian Conifer Wood,309,990,307,125,82
swgcraft_end

So, if when it pulls the ISD information and adds the resource name and type to the database, if it could also provide the text file (minus the stats of course) which we could just copy and paste into whatever editor we will use to record the stats, it would save a step.

The one thing I don't like about the current method at the old site (and it is the same in my testing here) is that if you don't enter stats until after, you end up verifying a spawn whereas I don't think you should 1) be able to verify without stats and 2) be able to verify your own inputted data.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:43 pm

Onyx wrote: 3. On all planets Wild Corn updated and displays on the "all planets" page, but none of them display on their specific planet page. They are counting properly in the resource counts for that specific planet though (i.e. Dant count says 18 resources, but only 17 are displaying).

4. If on the filtered view for Yavin, the menu is defaulting to "all planets". The URL is correct and is only displaying the Yavin filter (i.e. planet=10), however, if you then want to view "all planets (i.e. planet=0), you have to select a diff. planet filter in the list other than yavin and then select "all planets.

5. By uploading the same email a second time, I managed to automatically verify my own data (without stats of course). Is there a data verification that could be done to disallow that verification?
Your issue with Wild Corn should be resolved now. A flag had the wrong setting in the database.

About the filtered view, I apparently forgot to fix it on that page. Will be fixed in 5 minutes.

Oh, and I just checked the database: We haven't done any verification yet meaning all resources are automaticly flagged as verified on the website (Though they're unverified in the database)

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:42 pm

Onyx wrote:It's reading the correct server, planet and the resource names and is adding to the correct database for most items that I tested. I uploaded Kettemoor flora data for all ten planets the ISD reports on. I'll ship out some droids this afternoon with the rest of the survey tools in them.
Great, thanks for this; we do appricate people getting involved with our testing.
Onyx wrote: 1. The following did not update to the database at all:
  • -Corellian Berry Fruit
    -Corellian Flower Fruit
    -Corellian Evergreen Wood
Corellian Berry fruit is known as Corellia Berry Fruit. (i will look into if ISD data is different from each server, shouldnt be.) But again i will look into this.
Onyx wrote:2. The following updated incorrectly:
    -Talusian Domesticated Corn updated as Nabooian Fiberplast and is displaying on the Rori resource page
Sobuno i think is looking into this.
Onyx wrote:3. On all planets Wild Corn updated and displays on the "all planets" page, but none of them display on their specific planet page. They are counting properly in the resource counts for that specific planet though (i.e. Dant count says 18 resources, but only 17 are displaying).
Sobuno i think is looking into this.
Onyx wrote:4. If on the filtered view for Yavin, the menu is defaulting to "all planets". The URL is correct and is only displaying the Yavin filter (i.e. planet=10), however, if you then want to view "all planets (i.e. planet=0), you have to select a diff. planet filter in the list other than yavin and then select "all planets.
Yavin 4 is a global bug atm with the server drop down box. It is on the list to be fixed.
Onyx wrote:5. By uploading the same email a second time, I managed to automatically verify my own data (without stats of course). Is there a data verification that could be done to disallow that verification?
At the moment it is a display bug, as Sobuno pointed out it doesnt could the person who entered it as verfication. (i will fix this very soon).
Onyx wrote: Here's a question, since it is actually correctly reading the ISD email date, is it possible to use that date as the date instead of the date/time I actually upload the email file? I say this because yesterday, in the 45 min. between when I received and parsed my droid data and when I pulled the stats, three resources shifted spawn--literally in front of my eyes.
Good point, i will change the inputted date to this one.
Onyx wrote: The fruits were recognized correctly in the test upload, which was nice to see. That is one issue that has been broken at the original site--I think since it was both a class and a sub-class, I've always had to enter that one piece of information manually.
We have a massive difference in how we store the categories. Without going too much into detail, we have the offical list of categories taken direct from the game, unlike swgcraft.com which were made up to suit needs. This means more work for our filters, but a better more stable structure thus allowing us to do direct imports for ISD's. And eventually easier for crafters to find resources on our filters.
Onyx wrote: What I actually use to update SWGCraft is then a text file with all the info in it so I don't have to actually enter the stats one by one. I know you have that at the bottom of the page but disabled--so hopefully that will be coming in the future:) However, I do use the parser at the old site to prepare my text file--being able to do that would be a nice little tool. So perhaps when it adds the non-statted resource, it can also provide the text file contents for use in entering the stats (I hope that makes sense lol)

i.e. what I upload looks like this:

swgcraft_start
Eepegouhai,Tatooinian Domesticated Rice,280,263,366,848
Benetwib,Tatooinian Wild Oats,544,522,512,675
Apefidenn,Tatooinian Domesticated Wheat,232,276,591,741
Opoot,Tatooinian Vegetable Tubers,324,518,609,778
Emak,Tatooinian Vegetable Fungus,873,910,291,615
Efoarr,Tatooinian Fruit,282,581,875,373
Iebeeve,Tatooinian Flower Fruit,642,720,610,73
Ilygn,Tatooinian Deciduous Wood,89,536,631,575,316
Eikaga,Tatooinian Conifer Wood,309,990,307,125,82
swgcraft_end

So, if when it pulls the ISD information and adds the resource name and type to the database, if it could also provide the text file (minus the stats of course) which we could just copy and paste into whatever editor we will use to record the stats, it would save a step.
We will have the parser working shortly, its on the cards after find resources. As per an export tool to enable you to update the data, this is a great idea however due to the nature of the project plan, we have to get all the basic functionallity done before we can start working on future ideas. (hold on to this thought as im sure it can be done with little ease, but like i said lets the basics sorted).
Onyx wrote: The one thing I don't like about the current method at the old site (and it is the same in my testing here) is that if you don't enter stats until after, you end up verifying a spawn whereas I don't think you should 1) be able to verify without stats and 2) be able to verify your own inputted data.
i tend to agree with you about verification of stats, but i think the old site based it on if the resource excisted rather than had stats. Though there is always room for improvement. Like i said b4, you can not verifiy your own resource entries, its just a display error, and will be fixed soon.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Aha! You are right about the ISD nomenclature on the Corellian fruit varieties. And it is the same on the evergreen wood. I'd say it's the same on all servers and the parser just needs to look for Corellia instead of Corellian on those three items lol.

Seeds
Vegetables
Greens
Corellian Vegetable Greens
\#pcontrast1 Iwun\#.
Beans
Corellian Vegetable Beans
\#pcontrast1 Smenak\#.
Tubers
Corellian Vegetable Tubers
\#pcontrast1 Edohi\#.
Fungi
Corellian Vegetable Fungus
\#pcontrast1 Biobre\#.
Fruit
Fruits
Corellian Fruit
\#pcontrast1 Oukkebew\#.
Berries
Corellia Berry Fruit
\#pcontrast1 Pathiw\#.
Flowers
Corellia Flower Fruit
\#pcontrast1 Rufone\#.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Onyx wrote:2. The following updated incorrectly:
This is a bug indeed :lol:

And I hope I just fixed it :)

NarfBlinko
Novice Crafter

Bal'ta'ran Crystal Amorphous Gemstone

Post by NarfBlinko » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:30 am

Bal'ta'ran Crystal Amorphous Gemstone does not want to load up correctly, either from the ISD or manually.

I get a MySQL error about how to configure 'ta'ran Crystal Amorphous Gemstone".
Narf
Keeper of the Pilot FAQ

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:48 pm

I hope to have fixed that bug on the ISD importer... Fixed it on a new version of the Add Resources page that isn't public yet

Also fixed the Edit Resources page, was quite messed up but should now be fully functioning...

Oh, Add Resources (The non-public version) and Edit Resources have only the correct stats allowed to be entered (For most resources, we haven't gotten it for all)