Resource are not reported correctly to SWGCraft

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Resource are not reported correctly to SWGCraft

Post by Belisama » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:23 am

Hoi,

a few days ago i added Osoa (Polymer) at Wanderhome Server for different planets. This side is listed them correctly for:
» Dantooine 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)
» Dathomir 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)
» Lok 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)
» Naboo 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)
» Rori 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)
» Talus 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)
» Tatooine 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)
» Yavin 4 4 d ago (Belisama) (Remove)

But at SWGCraft it's still listed only for
Osoa, Polymer (Entered By SWGCraft.co.uk / Not Verified)
DR=587, MA=521, OQ=545, SR=706, UT=762 (Edit Stats / Verify)
» Marked as available on Dantooine 3 days ago by SWGCraft.co.uk (Unavailable)

Also all other resources i added are still not reported for all planets there. And that are not only resources that i added that time but other resources i added 2 days earlier are also not correctly reported. This happens to for example:
Wethe, Lubricating Oil (SWGCRaft only list it for Dant, your page for 8 planets)
Ewiium, Lubricating Oil (SWGCraft: Cor; Project: 8 planets)
Mireiakide, Polysteel Copper (SWGCraft: Cor; Project: 8 planets)
Efaupomyium, Kammris Iron (SWGCraft: Cor; Project: 3 planets)
Olavabi, Plumbum Iron (SWGCraft: Dant; Project: 2 planets)
Omnirgoleaian, Carbonite Steel (SWGCraft: Cor; Project: 8 planets)

Or with other words: With all resources i added at this page only...
(I can't say if that happened before because i used other tools for reporting my resource info).

Is it possible to check this and maybe correct it?

best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Resource are not reported correctly to SWGCraft

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:56 am

Belisama wrote:(I can't say if that happened before because i used other tools for reporting my resource info).
Read it all and wondered ... and then came to this ... same thought. Is it the SOAP actions that are to blame?

Note that when SWGAide adds resources it uses the add-new-resource SOAP action for all occurrences of the same resource, it gets back a this-one-is-already-present response, but it is still listed as available.

Must I use the make-available action for successive action?

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:48 pm

It's the old problem about the swgcraft ID's that are only obtained once an hour, meaning that if you add all planets that it is available on, it won't be updated on SWGCraft for planet 2,3,4,5 etc. because we do not have the .com id yet.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Yes, but Beli says it has gone 3 to 4 days for some, see her topmost example :?

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:22 pm

I recognized that as well. Even for resources I added on all planets on swgcraft.com days ago, this site only marks them available on the first planet it was added on.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:54 pm

And I again lift this up for re-evaluation:

"For how long should we support the old sinking ship, the .com?"

Nobody uses the forum over there anymore. The resources are exactly the same as here minus .com lacks some new resource classes. Schematics are in many cases outdated a long time ago. Professions are not updated.

It existed a reason to keep them synchronized once upon a time, that reason looses validity for every day.

I ask for the re-evaluation since it requires time from Sobuno and Slyvampy to maintain the synchronization, time better spent on new features and fixing bugs.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Zimoon wrote:Yes, but Beli says it has gone 3 to 4 days for some, see her topmost example :?

/Zimoon

http://swgcraft.co.uk/dev/show_resource.php?id=756744, Beli added them to this site within seconds of each other thus only marking the first one available at their site (The rest would probably return an error about a resource with that name already existing, if we could see the browser emulation).

We do not have a script that updates resources on .com retroactively (I.e. we do not communicate with .com after a resource has been posted on our site, only in the moment it is being added.. Other than the stats updater)

Tharek, got names of the resources?

I still see people copy & pasting resources from swgcraft.com to the official forums, I do not know their reason for not changing yet (Perhaps they do not know about our site?)

-Sobuno

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Yes, but Beli says it has gone 3 to 4 days for some, see her topmost example :?

/Zimoon
http://swgcraft.co.uk/dev/show_resource.php?id=756744, Beli added them to this site within seconds of each other thus only marking the first one available at their site (The rest would probably return an error about a resource with that name already existing, if we could see the browser emulation).

We do not have a script that updates resources on .com retroactively (I.e. we do not communicate with .com after a resource has been posted on our site, only in the moment it is being added.. Other than the stats updater)
Ooh, then I have misunderstood it, I thought you queued up such resources and tried again an hour later. My bad.

Hmmm, I haven't tried URL-upload to their site but I guess you emulate a browser. Then I believe the newly made ID should be in the HTML response from .com or ... ?
Sobuno wrote:I still see people copy & pasting resources from swgcraft.com to the official forums, I do not know their reason for not changing yet (Perhaps they do not know about our site?)
I guess so, sometimes when I have the time I try to squeeze in .co.uk in some post at those sites.

On the other side, they have no incentive to gravitate here if everything is as much up-to-date as possible at .com :twisted:

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:42 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:

/Zimoon

Ooh, then I have misunderstood it, I thought you queued up such resources and tried again an hour later. My bad.

Hmmm, I haven't tried URL-upload to their site but I guess you emulate a browser. Then I believe the newly made ID should be in the HTML response from .com or ... ?

/Zimoon
Nope, have to add the resource, go to current resources for the specific server and screen-scrape the Edit Stats link for that specific resource (If we were to have instant ID obtaining)

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Zimoon wrote:"For how long should we support the old sinking ship, the .com?"
At least as long as i need MyRes because there is no other tool that do the same job.. ? *g*
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:"For how long should we support the old sinking ship, the .com?"
At least as long as i need MyRes because there is no other tool that do the same job.. ? *g*
Heh, why don't you
  • Start MyRes
  • Open Options (Optionen)
  • Select "I know what I am doing" ("Ich weiß was ich mache")
  • Edit the URL in Current-Res: change .com/ to .co.uk/dev/
  • Edit the URL in Status: change .com/ to .co.uk/dev/
  • Click "Reset Res-Date" ("Res-Datum zurücksetzen")
  • Click Save and Close
  • At menu: Updates >> update resource-data (Updates >> Res-Daten auktualisieren)
  • Done
If you do it wrong, just erase the content of those two text fields, exit and start again and they are reset.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:42 pm

And Sobuno, you are perfectly correct, it was so long ago I had forgotten those extra steps to get back to . And screen scraping is never fun. And having outstanding queued jobs are never fun either and will easily malfunction.

Yeah, you know where you have my vote these days ;)

Every transition from one service to another takes time, but a finite time, not infinite.

/Zimoon

Bala
Resource Co-Ordinator

Post by Bala » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Sobuno wrote:I still see people copy & pasting resources from swgcraft.com to the official forums, I do not know their reason for not changing yet (Perhaps they do not know about our site?)
Creatures of habit.

Since the resource info added here winds up over there, they have no incentive to switch.

I agree with Zimoon that it may be time to cut the cord, and let each site survive on it's own merits.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Bala wrote:
Creatures of habit.

Since the resource info added here winds up over there, they have no incentive to switch.

I agree with Zimoon that it may be time to cut the cord, and let each site survive on it's own merits.
The problem, as I see it, is that while the information on schematics and professions on .com is outdated, the resource database continues to be of an excellent quality (Well, other than the fact that they lack Geothermal). I do not see all of the .com users migrating to our site, some may continue to only post resources on .com (Some people might not want to have to learn the workings of a new site).

Currently, the user named "SWGCraft Parser" seems to have about 40 % of the points in the Resource Contributors table: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_ ... 0&planet=0. SWGCraft Parser only gets points for actions it has taken based on changes at .com (A resource missing from their current resources export = mark the resource unavailable etc.), which tells us that about 40 % of our resource-related actions still come from .com.

Now, I could think of a couple of different way that I could force people to abandon the old site, but I do not want to force people away.

What are your primary issues regarding the synchronization? I can do the screen-scraping for instant ID fetching if that's the only major issue.

-Sobuno

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:06 am

Zimoon wrote:Heh, why don't you
  • Start MyRes...
  • Done
If you do it wrong, just erase the content of those two text fields, exit and start again and they are reset.
It's not the problem that i don't know how to do it. It's that i don't want to do it every time i start MyRes because the original path is reset every time i close it... ;)
In Memoriam for all BE