Ressources with the same name

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Ressources with the same name

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:23 am

Hello!
Lately, I found something I didnt know it happens. I wanted to add a "new" resource, I think it was some creature stuff, so I knew it wasnt added so far. So, I was surprised that the adding window marked it in the "existing resource" field. I wondered about that and checked the database and really, there was another creature resource with exactly the same name.

Actually, I put in the new resource then, but still, what are we doing with this topic?

Regards,
Tharek

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Ressources with the same name

Post by kelsaka » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:25 am

Out of curiosity, was it the same type of creature resource, with the same stats?
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Ressources with the same name

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:26 pm

I'd assume that somebody has entered the previous resource under a misspelled name. That it also happens to be a creature resource is a coincidence. Or perhaps not, since names of creature resources are typed manually, no ISDroids for them, they have way more of errors to them.

What I use to do is to try to find it in the 30k Veteran Reward resource crate, most often they did the resource class right and then it is easy to spot which one it is, almost the same name ;)

Check that stats are correct and rectify its name. Then add the new resource and there should be no name clash.

Sometimes I have to lookup another similarly spelled resource class, Dath ?? rather than Dant, Tat for Tal, etc. For many resources some creative thinking helps out, Carbonite Steel for Carbonite Ore (mis-click in the drop-down menu), etc.

If the wrong resource is not possible to locate, delete it and add the new one.

/Zimoon