Adding new Resources

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Adding new Resources

Post by Slyvampy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:31 pm

Guys and Girls,

Simple testing will now reveal any bugs, speed test issues and incorrect data input.

If anyones got any spare time, feel free to use this page:

http://dev.swgcraft.co.uk/add_resources.php

Its a working demo, and yes, there will be alot of upgrades on this page, but for now its a simple port of what was on the SWGCraft site.

This is the side that I am personally working on, so I would like to work closly with the community on creating and modifing it to be better.

Things left to do:

1. Create for every CLASS the restrictions on Attributes, ie disable CD for flora etc.

2. Add maximum values of 1000 to each field. (working with the data for caps for those chosen gated stats, ie 700 on FL for Flowers etc.) The structure has now been implemented, and I will focus on both these elements at the same time.

3. Creating a normalised input box (like SWGCraft) for mass input, ie from a text file (or the ingame notepad).

4. fixing the Servers -> linked to YOUR profile of YOUR crafting toon -> This will come later after we have created the profiles for individual customisation.

5. More error checking on the input boxes (atm they run through 3 forms of error checking, but i would like it to be stronger, ie NUMBERS for the stat fields only.

6. Confirmation screen once the View screen is shown (this helps for error checking, and will also show the +900 **<-- star Stats on this screen. This linked with the gated caps, should help with people accidently inputting incorrect stats.

7. Improving the code so it runs faster.

*** NOTE *** None of these are in order, but please feel free to leave comments, bug reports, ideas and suggestions.
Please remember PHASE 1 of this project is to get a PORT of Trokks - SWGCraft.com first. Mods and upgrades will either be integrated or will come later.

Thanks for TESTING!
Last edited by Slyvampy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:34 pm

PS, i have truncated the database on the resources side of things (emptied) so that its a clean slate now.

Please feel free to fill it up :) remember you WILL need to be logged in to do so.

I will not be truncating the database now untill we go live, where i will clean the database, and insert the old SWGCraft.com DATA. SO FEEL FREE TO BREAK IT, and then tell me how you did it :P

Side note, It doesnt look that pretty atm, but for now its functionallity.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:10 am

slyvampy wrote:PS, i have truncated the database on the resources side of things (emptied) so that its a clean slate now.

Please feel free to fill it up :) remember you WILL need to be logged in to do so.

I will not be truncating the database now untill we go live, where i will clean the database, and insert the old SWGCraft.com DATA. SO FEEL FREE TO BREAK IT, and then tell me how you did it :P

Side note, It doesnt look that pretty atm, but for now its functionallity.
Ok, im going to have to go back on my word here, due to the database changes we have made to the resource tables. We are having to do a resource database purge, so we can test the new schema :( sorry for any trouble this may cause, but as you all know its a development site and we all expect these issues.

I have therefore decided not to make any fixed desisions if we are to purge again, as i have a slight feeling we will need to later, to iron out input bugs (when we apply the restrictions on the data input).

HOWEVER

GOODS news is the ISD is WORKING:

just follow the instructions on this thread to start using the ISD.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org

Treoir
Novice Crafter

ADD RESOURCES INPUT

Post by Treoir » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:30 am

Thank you to all who are working on this site. I am a casual SWG, however I had some tme this morning to enter some resources I have gathered on Chliastra. The Add Resources interface seems to occasionally "jump" when clicking on the Resource Class. I also entered the same resource, Iteto, three times. The resource indicated it was added, however it does now show on the resources available for Chliastra. The first two resources I entered a few minutes before are shown. I am not complaining. Just want to help out.