Resource Viewing

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:43 am

Milla wrote:The issue of mistyped names is still a fairly complicated problem, and I can't think about a ready solution (maybe there is some algorithm which is able to find possible mistyped entries, using some sort of match scoring procedure).
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... ight=#2983

:)

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:23 am

Our function for returning caps do not take into account if a resource is a JTL resource or not atm..... I might change it though :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:26 pm

Sobuno wrote:Our function for returning caps do not take into account if a resource is a JTL resource or not atm..... I might change it though :)
Actually I realize that this is not tracked in the resourcetree.XML file either. The caps are correct but they are not marked as an exception, such as it is JTL or other possible non-standard resources. Space resources are similar, but not exactly the same.

I started out yesterday evening and will continue today, expect an update this weekend, plus a few days for verification of some minor issues. This will put SWGAide on hold slightly, though :(
/Zimoon

Tekro
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Tekro » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:20 am

Now a user named "Uradius" is removing available resources.

I would venture to say it's the same guy.

As for motive, I have absolutely no clue.

It would be interesting to see if he's from the same ip block the other guy is.

*edit*

Oh, and just FYI, I've been trying to log in all day to let you know about uradius, but it wouldn't let me. I finally decided to try IE and I got right in. Apparently it's something to do with firefox. I have the latest and don't have any issues on any other site with it.
Wepo Gage

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:19 am

It's odd that you are having troubles with Firefox.... I almost never use IE and has worked fine so far....

I deactivated his user account again (It is him, his email is his previous-username@same-host.com, which is not the same mail but easy to figure out)

Karo
Novice Crafter

Post by Karo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:52 pm

Sobuno wrote:It's odd that you are having troubles with Firefox.... I almost never use IE and has worked fine so far....

I deactivated his user account again (It is him, his email is his previous-username@same-host.com, which is not the same mail but easy to figure out)
What is his IP?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:08 am

Karo wrote:
Sobuno wrote:It's odd that you are having troubles with Firefox.... I almost never use IE and has worked fine so far....

What is his IP?
While moderators have the ability to check IP addresses of any user, my personal opinion is that such info should be kept confidential and only used by the moderators to police the site. I would not be happy to see my IP address printed on this site for anyone to see. I prefer some anonymity when posting here. Could you imagine my horror if Gelgamesh knew my real name and where I lived? :shock: j/k That said, I am experssing my opinion only, I have not seen or heard any policy on the matter discussed by the developers or any mods here.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:52 pm

I agree with Savacc on this one. There may also be legal issues involved, at least I know that in my home country, Sweden, you would get the real police at your tail.
/Z