Feature Request: Current Resources in Spawn for your Shopping List

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

forth
Novice Crafter

Feature Request: Current Resources in Spawn for your Shopping List

Post by forth » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:48 pm

It would be awesome if, once a day, a cronjob was run that looked at your shopping list, and sent you an email alerting you if there are any current resources in spawn that are good for it. It could calculate the top 50 resources needed for each entry in a schematic, and if any of those resources are in spawn, send an email notifying you and indicating their score (as well as their ranking).

This is probably possible with resource guards (and indeed, resource guards are slightly more robust, as you would still want to be notified about in-spawn steel with a OQ of 949, even if there were 50 steels with OQ above it) - but resources guards are annoying to set up manually.

Most of the functionality needed is already present on the schematic page, where it lists "Current" and "All" resources. If one created a new type of guard, a "Schematic Guard", this would be sufficient to let people opt-in to the notification email (which would run once a day.) You would only need to run the (expensive) query once per-schematic, save the temporary result, and then go through building the email to each user from this data.

I have some experience programming, and am considering writing this as a one-off tool for myself using the data export - but it would be easier and more robust to do it as part of the site using the full database, as well as providing the feature to everyone, not just me.

forth
Novice Crafter

Re: Feature Request: Current Resources in Spawn for your Shopping List

Post by forth » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Well, for what it's worth I built this and have it working for me.