Quick, n00bish question.

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Cigaran
Novice Crafter

Quick, n00bish question.

Post by Cigaran » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:08 am

Is the site currently pulling information from swgcraft.com and updating here to reflect this?

If so, is there a date that is targeted for beginning direct updates here?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Quick, n00bish question.

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Cigaran wrote:Is the site currently pulling information from swgcraft.com and updating here to reflect this?

If so, is there a date that is targeted for beginning direct updates here?
The site is pulling the current resources from SWGCraft.com, comparing it to the resources already on this site

It will act according to the following:

If resource is already entered on that planet:
Update any empty stats
Verify the resource if our script isn't the one that entered the resource
Update the time added to be the earliest time (Meaning that if the resource was entered on SWGCraft.com first, our time would change to be the exact same time)
Flag the resource as imported by our script (For when we go live :) )

If resource has not been entered yet:
Add resource to our database if it isn't already in there
Add resource to the specific planet with the resource contributor set to our script (Userid: 124, SWGCraft Parser)

I can't currently remember if we have any date targeted seeing that I am a bit busy atm still with exams and such

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Is there a way to pull resources from other sites as well. For example, i know that on Tempest there is a site specifically for Tempest resources that is relatively well kept up. Asiabrothers.com

I think its in a bit different format, but the info is pretty good if its easy to pull from.
ImageImage

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:58 pm

xorbok wrote:Is there a way to pull resources from other sites as well. For example, i know that on Tempest there is a site specifically for Tempest resources that is relatively well kept up. Asiabrothers.com

I think its in a bit different format, but the info is pretty good if its easy to pull from.
Tried pressing the export button, but it is a very slow webpage it seems

Importing data from any site should be very easy (If the site provides the right information) seeing that I just make another cronjob for each site to be imported from

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:08 pm

As soon as we are more "developed" and may I dare say, as soon as the SWGAide is a few steps up the ladder, we may be able to initiate a discussion with them, right? I mean, we benefit at both sides doing business together, it must be a win-win. But one thing is for sure, I will not make SWGAide support every little site there is, that is my last word on that topic 8)

(Z