search by min value not working?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Post Reply
baccana
Novice Crafter
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

search by min value not working?

Post by baccana » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:31 am

Just tried to find resources across all servers only available
Min value 961 oq... page comes up blank

Its broken

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:47 am

Didn't the response read "You cannot search by Experimental Percentages for All Servers "

At least that is the response I get when I have "All servers", "Only available", "Experimental values", and 1 in OQ. If I rather have "Minimum values" I get loads of results.

This gives the error message

This gives toomany results to be useful

May I ask, what is the point of searching server-wide, except for skimming the server? If that is what you want you should use the export files and not exhaust the server with unnecessary queries. Please enlighten us :)

/Zimoon

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:53 am

It's working fine here too, please provide screenshots or step-by-step guide to reproduce this behaviour

baccana
Novice Crafter
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by baccana » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Zimoon wrote:Didn't the response read "You cannot search by Experimental Percentages for All Servers "

At least that is the response I get when I have "All servers", "Only available", "Experimental values", and 1 in OQ. If I rather have "Minimum values" I get loads of results.

This gives the error message

This gives toomany results to be useful

May I ask, what is the point of searching server-wide, except for skimming the server? If that is what you want you should use the export files and not exhaust the server with unnecessary queries. Please enlighten us :)

/Zimoon
My title clearly states i chose VALUES not percentages..
the purpose was to scan galaxy wide for musty resources... Harvest them and then do a server transfer for stuff I NEED

Ive used the search function many many times..


Whats wierd is the search works in Firefox and produces results but not IE.. any suggestions?
i just switched to IE8.. Might that be the issue?
Attachments
search2.GIF
search2.GIF (4.3 KiB) Viewed 10226 times
search.GIF
search.GIF (19.34 KiB) Viewed 10226 times

baccana
Novice Crafter
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by baccana » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:40 pm

IE8 issue.. rolled back to 7 and its working again

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:02 pm

I am unable to reproduce this in IE8 on Windows 7 (Build 7100). What OS are you using?

baccana
Novice Crafter
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by baccana » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Sobuno wrote:I am unable to reproduce this in IE8 on Windows 7 (Build 7100). What OS are you using?

xp pro

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:11 pm

baccana wrote:
Sobuno wrote:I am unable to reproduce this in IE8 on Windows 7 (Build 7100). What OS are you using?

xp pro
What happens if you log out and try to search? (Or just change skins to the white one)

baccana
Novice Crafter
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by baccana » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Sobuno wrote:
baccana wrote:
Sobuno wrote:I am unable to reproduce this in IE8 on Windows 7 (Build 7100). What OS are you using?

xp pro
What happens if you log out and try to search? (Or just change skins to the white one)

dunno, I already rolled IE8 back

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: search by min value not working?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:49 am

Thanks for your response :D
baccana wrote:...My title clearly states i chose VALUES not percentages..
That is why I used both ways in my reply 8)

But a general tip, repeat important facts in the body of the post and not only in the subject line, that is since not all users read every syllable on the screen but usually the immediate text.

the purpose was to scan galaxy wide for musty resources... Harvest them and then do a server transfer for stuff I NEED
Valid reasons :)

Ive used the search function many many times..

Whats wierd is the search works in Firefox and produces results but not IE.. any suggestions?
i just switched to IE8.. Might that be the issue?
As it turns out I can provide another tip: Always include data about your browser and system, such as the later posts in here indicate. That shaves off quite some time, beneficial for you as well as the devs here, of which I am none.
In red

Safe travels

/Zimoon

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests