Issues with Current (dev) Site

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:52 am

xorbok wrote:
Sobuno wrote: Your resources were correctly entered into the database, it seems our optimization of the current resources page yesterday broke something though.... It's on my todo list for this afternoon

Well it seems that this site IS destined for greatness. We are already adopting standard SOE proticol. 8)
That was actually my thought when I wrote it :P

Anyway, it's fixed now, was a little typing error by me

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Logging into the development site should now automaticly log you in to the forums if the forums are accessed through http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums (Which will be the proper way of accessing them in the future :)

Oh, and the other way around works too of course

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:19 pm

14 days since the last post in this topic... I might aswell give a little update:

I've been working on the schematics.php (The list of schematics) page and the viewschematic.php (The individual schematic) page for the last week or so... I just added the ability to add comments to the schematics now, so go post on any stuff we are missing from the various pages. (And I know that it says Experimental Properties on the page, but that's as far as I got when I wanted to show off the comments :P )

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/viewschem ... schem=1114 <-- Go comment :D

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon May 21, 2007 6:08 pm

It's almost been a month since I last posted in this thread.

Anyway, just added (Today) a script that runs once an hour and imports the current resources from SWGCraft.com over to our site meaning that we get all the resources entered into SWGCraft.com too

Oh, and also made a script that makes resources unavailable when it's been over a month since they were made available. This script runs once every 24 hours (First run cleared up 1800 different resources) in the middle of the night of course

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Fri May 25, 2007 7:16 pm

Sobuno wrote:It's almost been a month since I last posted in this thread.

Anyway, just added (Today) a script that runs once an hour and imports the current resources from SWGCraft.com over to our site meaning that we get all the resources entered into SWGCraft.com too

Oh, and also made a script that makes resources unavailable when it's been over a month since they were made available. This script runs once every 24 hours (First run cleared up 1800 different resources) in the middle of the night of course
Oooo, very nice. I was actually thinking about asking you to do something like that while I was cleaning up the Kette spawns a couple days ago. People had been adding new stuff but not clearing the old and it was a royal pain to do that. I think I marked like 150 inorganic spawns as inactive and almost all had been 32 or more days lol.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun May 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Just showing off a new page I wanted to make: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=0

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:36 pm

Very sweet on the cap pages:)

But could you shift PE to right before OQ--I'll go nuts reading stat caps lol.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:53 am

Onyx wrote:Very sweet on the cap pages:)

But could you shift PE to right before OQ--I'll go nuts reading stat caps lol.
What is the correct order of all stats then?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:40 am

This is the order used at SWGCraft.com in the input text field fir resources, which resembles the order used in game:

ER CR CD DR FL HR MA PE OQ SR UT

There is a lot of disorder as we can see, alphabetically it should be

CD CR ER DR FL HR MA OQ PE SR UT

But SOE seems to have some problems with that alphabetical order ;)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:47 am

Fixed on resource_info.php and home.php (Frontpage)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:00 am

You are now able to make resources unavailable. Just click the link on current resources :)

Making a resource unavailable on one planet makes it unavailable on all other planets too

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:15 am

Sobuno wrote:You are now able to make resources unavailable. Just click the link on current resources :)

Making a resource unavailable on one planet makes it unavailable on all other planets too
Rather make that feature checkboxes than links and you will have the best features since sliced bread :D

Being able to mark multiple resources unavailable in one shot is the number one asked for feature at the old SWGCraft.com.

Anyway, I commend you for your hard work with the site, I only wish I had more time to help, but I do not, except making unashamed remarks when work permits ;)

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:49 am

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:You are now able to make resources unavailable. Just click the link on current resources :)

Rather make that feature checkboxes than links and you will have the best features since sliced bread :D

Being able to mark multiple resources unavailable in one shot is the number one asked for feature at the old SWGCraft.com.

Anyway, I commend you for your hard work with the site, I only wish I had more time to help, but I do not, except making unashamed remarks when work permits ;)

/Z

I'll see what I can do about it when I get some time again :) Got some RL things needing attention ATM

Khristen
Novice Crafter

Post by Khristen » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Marking unavailable seems to be working well. :)

A couple of suggestions, though...

I would recommend having an extra step to confirm whether you want to mark it as unavailable. It can be a bit tedious for some, but sometimes you can click on the wrong resource. Since it currently marks it unavailable right away, it makes it easy to make mistakes and not have an easy way to back out of it.

Getting back to the Current Resources list isn't difficult, but it did make me pause a bit after I had entered a resource as well as when I marked one as unavailable. There are handy links on the side if you have your server/planet marked, but it might be more user-friendly to add a quick link back on the information page after you enter/mark unavailable.

Looking forward to being able to enter multiple resources at once (via the box at the bottom)! The site's looking very nice. Can't wait to use it all the time!

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:15 pm

Khristen wrote:Marking unavailable seems to be working well. :)

A couple of suggestions, though...

I would recommend having an extra step to confirm whether you want to mark it as unavailable. It can be a bit tedious for some, but sometimes you can click on the wrong resource. Since it currently marks it unavailable right away, it makes it easy to make mistakes and not have an easy way to back out of it.

Getting back to the Current Resources list isn't difficult, but it did make me pause a bit after I had entered a resource as well as when I marked one as unavailable. There are handy links on the side if you have your server/planet marked, but it might be more user-friendly to add a quick link back on the information page after you enter/mark unavailable.

Looking forward to being able to enter multiple resources at once (via the box at the bottom)! The site's looking very nice. Can't wait to use it all the time!
Thanks for the suggestions, will see what I can do about them (And most likely, do something about them too :P)

UPDATE: And Done! (With the unavailable part at least)