Features you're absolutely longing for?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Re: Features you're absolutely longing for?

Post by Onyx » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Two things I'd like to see:

1. The ability to choose all schematics for a profession (i.e. All chef or all architect) instead of only all schematics or those tied to one learned skill level.

2. The creature resource database. I was talking with Kracken (the beast master senator) on this a couple weeks ago. The SWGCreatures site is one he and I both used frequently however it is currently very unsafe to visit due to malware. I have pulled and parsed the creature database from there. I have all the resource fields populated and am asking him to adjust/add/verify DNA type and parent creature type info.

If I can get the table(s)/field names of what has already been developed (I have the link for the data entry and search screens here already), I can match it to my info and provide that so the data can get populated here. Or I can just send what I have already.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Sparc
Novice Crafter

Post by Sparc » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:57 pm

My Inventory

Basically, I envision a button next to every resource listing that adds the resource to your inventory. So, the button would insert user_id, resource_id into inventory_table. Then create a page that joins inventory to resource listing and displays it.

Lastly, create an inventory export page that lets you send yourself or save an XML file with your inventory..that would be suitable for import (eventually) into an inventory management program(SWGAide, MyRes, Foomans, etc).

Does this already exist? It would be nice to have SWGCraft be the single point of entry for resource data.....one caveat, would be old resources that dont exist in the database...but, adding them would be nice.

Sparc
Novice Crafter

Post by Sparc » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Building on the MyInventory idea.

Offer a button that says 'CompareToInventory'. The button would capture the resource ID, then present your current inventory. After selecting something from your inventory, you would be presented the stats 'side by side' and could additionally have common wieghtings such as OQ66/CD33, OQ50/SR50, etc....

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:04 pm

With the new browser there is in game I would suggest that somebody does an overhaul and sees how the pages look in the that simplified browser. Not that they look bad, not at all, but could anything be done to enhance and polish them further for that particular format??

Possibly we want to see another GUI for submitting resources with stats, the tiniest yet functional to submit one by one, and a slightly larger for bulk. It is of course possible today too, but a lot of scrolling and stuff is necessary. Help texts for bulk format is still missing I think.

/Z

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Zimoon wrote:With the new browser there is in game I would suggest that somebody does an overhaul and sees how the pages look in the that simplified browser. Not that they look bad, not at all, but could anything be done to enhance and polish them further for that particular format??

Possibly we want to see another GUI for submitting resources with stats, the tiniest yet functional to submit one by one, and a slightly larger for bulk. It is of course possible today too, but a lot of scrolling and stuff is necessary. Help texts for bulk format is still missing I think.

/Z
Already looking into this at the moment, with the new design.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:48 am

I would like the "rating" column of the "find resources" report screen to be based on the stats chosen in the query screen.

For example I do a lot of searches for resources with high OQ/CD stats so I think it would make more sense for the report screen to rate the resources on those two stats rather than all of them.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Slyvampy wrote:Already looking into this at the moment, with the new design.
Great, indeed :D
Monty Burns wrote:I would like the "rating" column of the "find resources" report screen to be based on the stats chosen in the query screen.

For example I do a lot of searches for resources with high OQ/CD stats so I think it would make more sense for the report screen to rate the resources on those two stats rather than all of them.
Does it not when using Experimental Weights?

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:36 pm

I have no idea as I always use "Minimum values" as my search criteria, most of what I am making is BM equipment which is almost always the very best so I find it easier to use actual values based on materials I have and want to improve on.

Another reason I have not used "experimental weight" is that I was under the impression that this value was determined against the cap for that specific type of resource not and not against the class as a whole ie the UT cap for Rhodium Steel is lower than that of Duralloy Steel which means it wont rate as well when I am simply looking for a Steeel with a high UT.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:49 pm

I guess that when you do not use Experimental Values there is nothing to calculate an end value for. In fact you just say "better than X and better than Y and better than Z" but you never say that they have equal weight or anything else, so there is no real formula to compute with.

Experimental values have a real formula to compute a weight with. That is the difference.

I haven't played around enough with the Consider Caps on and off to know what it actually uses. Probably unchecked 'consider caps' just uses 1000 as the limit. But if a schematics calls for X/Y/X of OQ/SR/UT of Copper, then the result will be correct, you just choose the correct resource class.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Consider Caps on:

Code: Select all

Retrieves the caps for the selected resource class from the database (If they are unavailable for some reason, assume 1000)

Rating calculated by doing this:
	If stat is greater than cap, stat = cap
	Stat*(experimental percentage/100)*1000/cap
Consider Caps off:

Stat*(experimental percentage/100)
That's all

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Sobuno wrote:Consider Caps on:

Retrieves the caps for the selected resource class from the database (If they are unavailable for some reason, assume 1000)

Consider Caps off:

That's all
Is anything changed by this or is it just a statement?
Obviously some BM components are a tad "special", even if I select Copper the schematic considers the more specialized cap for the sub-copper. This is indeed odd and these are to my knowledge the only schematics that currently behaves that way, all others only use the cap for the resource class called for.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Consider Caps on:

Consider Caps off:

That's all
Is anything changed by this or is it just a statement?
Obviously some BM components are a tad "special", even if I select Copper the schematic considers the more specialized cap for the sub-copper. This is indeed odd and these are to my knowledge the only schematics that currently behaves that way, all others only use the cap for the resource class called for.

/Zimoon
Ahh, okay.. Anything that we could do to help them?

Just a translation from PHP to English, nothing's been changed.

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:33 pm

to be able to see what a resource is used in.

I.E I harvest a really high stat res, I look for it on swgc and then it lists every schematic that my res is used in. Sorry of this already exists but it would be useful to find out whether or not its worth harvesting...

Milk
Perl & Milkiee - Infinity Elders
Creator Of http://www.swgreunited.com

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Sobuno wrote:<snip>
Ahh, okay.. Anything that we could do to help them?

Just a translation from PHP to English, nothing's been changed.
I thought so :)

If you even want to add something it could be something named such "Consider Sub-class Caps". I understand that might be a performance issue, right?, so possibly only look one level down for caps. This should be an option as Consider Caps is.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Onyx wrote:Two things I'd like to see:

1. The ability to choose all schematics for a profession (i.e. All chef or all architect) instead of only all schematics or those tied to one learned skill level.

Should be done now, see the Schematics page.

2. The creature resource database. I was talking with Kracken (the beast master senator) on this a couple weeks ago. The SWGCreatures site is one he and I both used frequently however it is currently very unsafe to visit due to malware. I have pulled and parsed the creature database from there. I have all the resource fields populated and am asking him to adjust/add/verify DNA type and parent creature type info.

If I can get the table(s)/field names of what has already been developed (I have the link for the data entry and search screens here already), I can match it to my info and provide that so the data can get populated here. Or I can just send what I have already.

Hmm, send what you have now and I'll take a look at it. I believe we still have a mailbox around for data: data@this-site.co.uk... It's already a bit spam-infested though, so you could also send it to my personal e-mail which I believe you already know the address of
Roses are red

Oh, and I also made the page filter the professions/levels so only the ones with schematics associated are listed. And I know Bounty Hunter is used as a temporary storage place for some random schematics