Shopping List Improvement Request

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
Kexi
Novice Crafter
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Kexi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:43 pm

First off - I love the shopping list feature. I was thinking of building something like that myself, but you guys beat me to it.

But I would like to make 1 change request.

Right now for every individual resource it lists each item on your shopping list, can you add the stats that matter for each one to the entries?

So instead of the currently working version:

Code: Select all

Advanced Armor Layer Primus (12 units) (Trader - Munitions)
Could you do this:

Code: Select all

Advanced Armor Layer Primus (12 units) (Trader - Munitions) [50% OQ | 50% SR]

KEXI: Master Weaponsmith on Flurry - Need a capped weapon? Mail me in game - SWGcraft contributors get a special discount

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:12 pm

I can try...

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:07 pm

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/shopping_list2.php - I don't know if it calculates correctly (Which is why I put it as a name2.php file)

Take Hide for Travel Biscuits for example: Travel Biscuits (8 units) (Trader - Structures) [37.59 % DR | 34.21 % OQ | 28.20 % SR].

It adds up these

Code: Select all

Experimental Filling
 	
Filling
 	
Decay Resistance	75%
Overall Quality	25%

Experimental Flavor
 	
Flavor
 	
Flavor	66%
Overall Quality	33%

Experimental Nutritional Value
 	
Nutritional Value
 	
Overall Quality	33%
Potential Energy	66%

Experimental Quantity
 	
Quantity
 	
Decay Resistance	25%
Shock Resistance	75%
, removes the unobtainable stats (PE and FL) and calculates the percentages based on sum of a stat (DR: 75+25 = 100) divided by sum of all obtainable stats (DR+OQ+SR = 266)

Is that correct?

By the way, I just realized that the Shopping List doesn't include the components of the schematics added to it. Should it do that?

Hodru
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:41 pm

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Hodru » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:58 pm

Sobuno wrote: By the way, I just realized that the Shopping List doesn't include the components of the schematics added to it. Should it do that?
Yes, please.

User avatar
Kexi
Novice Crafter
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Kexi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:37 pm

I was going to ask for that next lol, or maybe have it popup a window when somebody adds an item to their shopping list ala:
Advanced Assault Core requires 3 identical Assault Armor segments - would you like to add this schematic to your shopping list as well?

KEXI: Master Weaponsmith on Flurry - Need a capped weapon? Mail me in game - SWGcraft contributors get a special discount

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:08 pm

Kexi wrote:I was going to ask for that next lol, or maybe have it popup a window when somebody adds an item to their shopping list ala:
Advanced Assault Core requires 3 identical Assault Armor segments - would you like to add this schematic to your shopping list as well?
Yep, that's how I was planning to do it... Well, except for the popup part, just do it when you add the schematic

User avatar
panino76
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by panino76 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Sobuno wrote:http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/shopping_list2.php - I don't know if it calculates correctly (Which is why I put it as a name2.php file)

Take Hide for Travel Biscuits for example: Travel Biscuits (8 units) (Trader - Structures) [37.59 % DR | 34.21 % OQ | 28.20 % SR].

It adds up these

Code: Select all

Experimental Filling
 	
Filling
 	
Decay Resistance	75%
Overall Quality	25%

Experimental Flavor
 	
Flavor
 	
Flavor	66%
Overall Quality	33%

Experimental Nutritional Value
 	
Nutritional Value
 	
Overall Quality	33%
Potential Energy	66%

Experimental Quantity
 	
Quantity
 	
Decay Resistance	25%
Shock Resistance	75%
, removes the unobtainable stats (PE and FL) and calculates the percentages based on sum of a stat (DR: 75+25 = 100) divided by sum of all obtainable stats (DR+OQ+SR = 266)

Is that correct?

By the way, I just realized that the Shopping List doesn't include the components of the schematics added to it. Should it do that?
Unfortunately not, the formula is a bit more complex than that....it takes in consideration the quanity of each resources so, as an example, if you use in large number a resource with OQ and PE mixed with a small quantity of a resource with only OQ, if the formula would be theorically 50% OQ and 50% PE, it would have more weight on PE than on OQ.

Artax Wavingwalker
__________________________________________
The NEW Jenner and Fooman Tool

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:34 am

If it is just to list the stats called for, why not simply list them? And leave it to the user to use his/her brain.

If you want something more complex, then there are many more factors to include:
  • Amount of the resource vs. amounts in the other schematic slots
  • Caps for the resource class called for but not the one presented
  • Possible missing stats, both in the resource class called for and in the presented resource
  • Experimental lines, one by one
Have I forgotten some? :)

/Zimoon

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:50 am

So is this more correct?

Hide for Travel Biscuits: [25.13 % DR | 16.58 % FL | 16.58 % PE | 22.86 % OQ | 18.84 % SR]

All it should be doing now is fetching the experimental properties and adding them up with no regard to what stats the resource has

User avatar
panino76
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by panino76 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Sobuno wrote:So is this more correct?

Hide for Travel Biscuits: [25.13 % DR | 16.58 % FL | 16.58 % PE | 22.86 % OQ | 18.84 % SR]

All it should be doing now is fetching the experimental properties and adding them up with no regard to what stats the resource has
If you have time, check the tool in my sig (Jenner and Fooman tool).

Since you talked about travel biscuits, I'll make a concrete example.

Considering the Nutritional Value (as the standard experimentation line) the travel biscuits accept 2 different resources, cereals and hide. The formal weights are 67% PE and 33% OQ (well, is it 66%/33% but the sum is not 100% so in general it's used to round the greater value).

So, cereals have both OQ and PE, but hides as only OQ, so, when you check what resources to use, it ends up with OQ 100% for hide, and 88% PE/21% OQ for cereals. So, you may ask "Why 88%/21% instead of 67%/33%?"

It's due to the fact hide doesn't have PE (so PE get more weight in the final calculation for the cereals) and to the fact that the hide required for each biscuit is a lot more than cereals (8 units of hide versus 3 of cereals)

On a side note, you can't calculate the OVERALL weights, since they change depending on the experimentation line chosen.

Artax Wavingwalker
__________________________________________
The NEW Jenner and Fooman Tool

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

I have time, I only have OpenOffice on this computer though

But you are saying that you can't calculate the overall weights? I am wondering what Kexi was wanting me to add then, as the example she gave only has one line of experimentation

User avatar
panino76
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by panino76 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:20 pm

Sobuno wrote:I have time, I only have OpenOffice on this computer though

But you are saying that you can't calculate the overall weights? I am wondering what Kexi was wanting me to add then, as the example she gave only has one line of experimentation
Driven by my experience, no, you can't calculate the overall weights, also because the stats you have to pay attention changes with the change of the experimentation line.

Artax Wavingwalker
__________________________________________
The NEW Jenner and Fooman Tool

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:48 pm

Sobuno wrote:So is this more correct?

Hide for Travel Biscuits: [25.13 % DR | 16.58 % FL | 16.58 % PE | 22.86 % OQ | 18.84 % SR]

All it should be doing now is fetching the experimental properties and adding them up with no regard to what stats the resource has
I once had formulas like these, but you probably want to weigh them by how important certain lines of experimentation are over others. Is filling a viable option today? No! What about duration, how important is that compared to nutrition or charges? That is the crafters' choice and there comes the charm with SWG, we can make different choices and so can the buyers. Everybody wants the strongest, but we can trade off charges for duration or vice versa.

I do not believe mixed formulas are great in the end. But that is my personal take.

/Zimoon

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Shopping List Improvement Request

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Hmmm, I can see a couple of different ways of doing it:

If there's only one experimental line, just show it with percentages
If there's only one relevant stat, just show it with percentages
If there's multiple experimental lines, but they all have the same percentages, just show it with percentages.

Other than that, just show the stats without percentages

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests