Why are not all resources listed under current resources?

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Alindra
Novice Crafter

Why are not all resources listed under current resources?

Post by Alindra » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm

I'm looking under Scaley Hide at the moment, yet it only mentions Yavinian, Tatooinian, and Rorian Scaley Hides. And I know for a fact it spawns on other planets. My next thought was, ok, someone just hasn't added a resource yet. So, I went to Talus for example, harvested some Scaley Hide and tried to add the resource to the site, yet I get an error saying "This type of resource does not spawn in this category" or something to that degree. Any reason why it won't let you add a resource that clearly exists, but says it will never?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Why are not all resources listed under current resources?

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Can you give me the exact name, resource type and stats aswell as what planet/server it spawns on so I can check if it is bug?

Talusian Scaley Hide is on the drop-down list, I just checked. The different types of Scaley Hide are listed here: http://swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=88, clicking on one of them will show what planets that one can be added to. Talusian Scaley Hide does show Talus

Alindra
Novice Crafter

Post by Alindra » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Hmm, I'll have to go try it again as I forget the stats. I'll try adding again and see what happens.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:33 pm

And welcome here Alindra, nice to see new folks around :)

/Zimoon

Bala
Resource Co-Ordinator

Post by Bala » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 pm

It sounds like you were trying to add it to the wrong planet. I have Lowca / Tatooine set as the default planet for my account, and if I'm tired enough, I can get mighty confused when I don't see a resource I know I just added on another planet.

Then again.. I am getting old. :)

Just make sure you have the Talus current resources page open (for your server) and try it again. It should work.

ejb
Novice Crafter

Post by ejb » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Even though I just officially Joined the boards here, im not new to game or this site.

This is on same subject as the OP. I noticed on Flurry that not all resources are listed, For instance only 1 planet has Berry Fruit listed when most if not all planets has their own berry fruit in spawn. This goes for other resources other than flora as well.

So my question is, is the name/type of resource not being gathered or is it just the stats not being supplied by the players?

After I first posted this, I then went to add a resource. I looked up Rori Berry Fruit but it was not in drop down, Rori Fruit was available. Heres where I will say I have the trouble, or I just dont know yet. If I put in Rori Fruit, will it show that its rori berry fruit, rorian flower fruit or rorian fruit, as all three are under rori fruit and all three are in spawn on rori (flurry). Or maybe this is why not all resources gets listed. Something on this line is needed

1st drop down-----2nd drop down-----name of resourse------Stats
Rori Fruit----------Rori Berry Fruit
-------------------Rorian Fruit
-------------------Rorian Flower Fruit

this would need to be done to each planet and type resource so that all resources can get listed properly. As it is, seems if I put in rori fruit, the name of the resource and stats, its not going to be known to be the berry fruit that im listing.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 pm

A category (Except the main categories) will only be visible if a user has entered a resource for that category for that planet/server combination.

As such, the category "Berries" will not be visible on other planets than Naboo (On Flurry) at the moment, as no-one has entered any spawns on other planets.

Regarding your comment about the Add Resources system: All resources should be able to be added just fine (I went and checked Rori Berry Fruit specifically, see my screenshot)
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
My mouse is hovering over Rori Berry Fruit
Untitled.jpg (158.57 KiB) Viewed 6436 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm

A tip for adding resources, at least if they are more than only one, is to use the text input field at the bottom of each planetarian page for current resources. The syntax for input is quite simple:

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start
name1,class1,stat1a,stat1b,stat1c,...
name2,class2,stat2a,stat2b,...
swgcraft_end
Classes can be truncated quite hard, Nab Ber Fru, Tat Wat Vap, etc., not to stress your fingers.

Stats are entered in exactly the same order they are read in game, do not reorder them.

Finally, spell check the resource names once again (it is the über most common cause of troubles when a new name later will clash with an old that was misspelled). Check that it is the correct planet. Hit Submit.

Yes, players are encouraged to enter new resource even if they have stats for them. It is better to know of a resource than not to know, and every seasoned crafter can sample for its stats and later on update the database when they have them. But knowing there is a new resource around, having the time but not telling us because you don't have the stats, that is a bad thing.

Good to see you're active here, good work.

/Zimoon