swg aid

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zanex
Novice Crafter

swg aid

Post by Zanex » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Odd, I thought I posted a note 20 minutes ago, but alas I may have hit preview in place of submit.

Anyway, pardon the Valcyn updates without stats.
I sent a few droids out today while trying to figure out SWG Aid, I recieved the data did a /mailsave and then submitted the information to the site.

I've heard (read) of using a resource crate to assign stats when doing things this way, but do not have a rescourse crate :(

It appears that after recieving the no-stat-data from the ISD there is no way to manually input additional data?

I'm trying to figure out a way to update the site, keep track of current resources privately(hard copy of submitted data) and publicly(on the site), and do this all in a timely and easy manner(yea, Im lazy, so what :P)

I feel I'm probably missing something along the way.

Thanks

Aesop

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: swg aid

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:38 pm

Aesop wrote:Odd, I thought I posted a note 20 minutes ago, but alas I may have hit preview in place of submit.

Anyway, pardon the Valcyn updates without stats.
I sent a few droids out today while trying to figure out SWG Aid, I recieved the data did a /mailsave and then submitted the information to the site.

I've heard (read) of using a resource crate to assign stats when doing things this way, but do not have a rescourse crate :(

It appears that after recieving the no-stat-data from the ISD there is no way to manually input additional data?

I'm trying to figure out a way to update the site, keep track of current resources privately(hard copy of submitted data) and publicly(on the site), and do this all in a timely and easy manner(yea, Im lazy, so what :P)

I feel I'm probably missing something along the way.

Thanks

Aesop
After you have submitted the information to the site you can then hit the "Write to "res.txt" button", Alt-Tab back to the game and type /no res and enter stats as you find them, when done you Alt-Tab back to SWGAIDE and hit the "Submit "res.txt" button and its all updated.

I would however recommend trying to get a 30k Resource Crate to make your life a lot easier.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 am

Thanks Monty, you are correct.

Aesop, when you are at the ISDroid panel in SWGAide, please hit F1 to bring up the help text. It is quite extensive.

In general, to supply stats you must always hit the button "Write to res.txt" which writes a notes files which you can open in-game as Monty told you. Fill in the stats you have at hand, or none if you have no stats. Submit. It is better to know about a resource in spawn than not, so don't wait to get the stats another day.

No, there is no way to manually upload stats using SWGAide, not yet. What you can do is to use the text input field at the bottom of the SWGCraft web page named Current Resources for the planet. The format of the input must be

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start
name1,type,statA,statB,statC,...
name2,type,statA,statB,statC,...
swgcraft_end
If resources are already in the database they will be updated with stats by this.

Please use the thread for SWGAide in the forum named Third Party Utilities regarding questions on SWGAide. I am happy you found it and I really hope you will find your way in using it :D

/Zimoon

furian76
Novice Crafter

Post by furian76 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Just got the SWG aid for the same server Valcyn. Took me a few minutes and re-reading what ya wrote in order to understand it. Now I think I have it figured out. Wish we had enough people to cover one planet each so that the work culd be spread out some.

Now for the question.

Updates. I was able to get the stuff updated to the website, but wondered how long it would take for the SWGAide to update. I have my info typed in and verified and set to update. But still retains old and obsoleted data.

Also, is there a way to dump resources that are in your inventory as an export file? Something that could be then added to the inventory section of the SWGAide?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:32 am

SGWCraft compiles a file for exporting data once an hour, currently that is about quarter to x hour. If you use ISDroids the uploaded data goes straight into the resource panel after upload.

In-game there is no feature to save inventory to file. That would be neat, but I doubt we'll get that.

A future version (closing in ;)) of SWGAide will have a feature for personal inventories built in at the Resource tab. You will still have to fioll it manually though, but using the in-game notepad will be the most convenient way: name, units, optional notes.

/Zimoon