I'm sure this has been discussed before... Just humor me...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

carneios
Novice Crafter

I'm sure this has been discussed before... Just humor me...

Post by carneios » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:49 pm

I know that i've read bits and pieces across the forum about this subject but most posts are 6 months old at least and conclude with saying that this feature is not implemented yet. So I just wanted to lay my questions out and maybe things have changed since the older posts.

I am a master trader, and I am trying to locate high quality resources to mine. I know the high quality resources on my server, Ahazi, are going for ridiculous prices. My main character is a Jedi and it cost me 4.5 million credits just for the resources to make one 5th gen lightsaber. It takes the following to make one 5th gen lightsaber.

75 units of Duralloy Steel
60 units of Titanium Aluminium
90 units of Polymer
120 units of Culsion Inert Gas
120 units of Polysteel Copper

These are the specific resources that I used to craft mine.

Mivoiam, Duralloy Steel (Entered by SWGCraft Parser)
CR=733 (91.6%), CD=637 (98%), DR=962 (96.2%), HR=970 (97%), MA=353 (88.2%), OQ=964 (96.4%), SR=980 (98%), UT=981 (98.1%)

Sikoopisis, Titanium Aluminum
CR=72 (41.3%), CD=401 (98.2%), DR=150 (86.2%), HR=201 (60.9%), MA=342 (75.6%), OQ=970 (97%), SR=313 (72.7%), UT=398 (92.5%)

Agisaeide, Polymer
DR=610 (61%), MA=602 (60.2%), OQ=999 (99.9%), SR=387 (38.7%), UT=280 (28%)

Lledi, Culsion Inert Gas
DR=230 (70.3%), OQ=998 (99.8%)

Oacaov, Polysteel Copper
CR=783 (97.8%), CD=980 (98%), DR=673 (96.1%), HR=625 (96.1%), MA=995 (99.5%), OQ=961 (96.1%), SR=780 (97.5%), UT=771 (96.3%)

I am part of a guild that is comprised mostly of Jedi. I would like to be able to provide them with these resources and sell them on my vendor for a significantly lower price. I realize that the community has decreased and vendors that are left can pretty much monopolize on their items and set their prices as high as they want, and people will have to buy them. I, at least for my server, want to try to lower the average costs for the players still left on the game.

So, my situation is... I have no idea where to find these resources. I have used manual survey devices and also used the interplanetary survey droids. I know that it is probably because I'm new to mining but I can't find these names anywhere on any survey device.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could possibly help me out with this issue. Any information would contribute to the cause... I'm pretty sure you have to have the name of the specific resource on your survey device to mine for it, so I'm trying to figure out how to get that name on there....

Thank you in advance for taking the time to look my situation...

Sobuno
Developer

Re: I'm sure this has been discussed before... Just humor me...

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Read the chapter named "Resources" in Zimoon's Beginners Guide for Traders

The resources you mention are very old spawns on your server (I assume you're on Ahazi). It has been at least a year since all of them depleted, so you will never be able to harvest them. The only way to get more of those specific resources is by getting it from other players or using a resource crate (Of which you can only get one per account ever).

To quote Zimoon: "Once a resource has depleted it is forever gone and will never ever spawn again. Other resources of that class will spawn eventually, but never with that unique name."

Other resources may appear over time that are equally good or better, but Mivoiam, Sikoopisis, Agisaeide, Lledi and Oacaov are never going to spawn again (And thus, they aren't going to appear in your survey device).

Hope I helped a bit, others are probably going to chime in with more details as I am bad at that

EDIT: Oh, and what unimplemented feature are you referring to in the beginning of your post?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:54 pm

Sobuno is correct.

The 30k veteran resource crate (which you get when your account turns 6 months old) is usually used by ... Jedi, (who else? ;)) that want to get the galaxy best ever. That is the reason why these crates of just 30k is sold for the humongous prices way over 15-20 million or more, which gives 500-667 CPU or more.

What you can do is to constantly watch out for the necessary resource types and whenever a great resource spawns, one with the stats Jedi use which is OQ and CD, you harvest as much as you can.

Prices is a supply and demand thing, and yes, at times prices go crazy. However, for Jedi, it is only when you finally reaches CL90 as you really want the top notch everything. And even then, you'd better use Bespin Port, crafting in a Research Center city, do whatever to get as many Amazing Success as possible.

Good luck

/Zimoon

Mifasa
Novice Crafter

Post by Mifasa » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Just wanted to chime in and add that, when you open your servey tool the resources listed are the only ones available of that class (mineral,chemical, excetr....) on the planet your on. There are no tricks/skills that effect the list.
Same goes for IPSDs. =) (these just save you some foot work)
Mifasa: Elder Master Driod Engineer
Asafim: Master Structures
Alts: Dakar, Xeker

Located on Dantoine -3243, 6736
in East Crystal Oasis.
(Tarquinas Sever)

Darec
Novice Crafter

Post by Darec » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm

"The 30k veteran resource crate (which you get when your account turns 6 months old) is usually used by ... Jedi, (who else? ) that want to get the galaxy best ever. That is the reason why these crates of just 30k is sold for the humongous prices way over 15-20 million or more, which gives 500-667 CPU or more."

Can I add a question to this? I've been looking around for some good culsion gas on Ahazi for a while now, without a whole lotta luck. So I've been thinking of using my vet reward to get a crate of it. When I get the crate, can I only get something that is only CURRENTLY on the server, or can it be any resource as long as I have the name?

Thanks for your input...
Darec Olemo, Engineer/Weaponsmith??
Sabre's Shadow, Rori [Ahazi Galaxy]

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Darec wrote:"The 30k veteran resource crate (which you get when your account turns 6 months old) is usually used by ... Jedi, (who else? ) that want to get the galaxy best ever. That is the reason why these crates of just 30k is sold for the humongous prices way over 15-20 million or more, which gives 500-667 CPU or more."

Can I add a question to this? I've been looking around for some good culsion gas on Ahazi for a while now, without a whole lotta luck. So I've been thinking of using my vet reward to get a crate of it. When I get the crate, can I only get something that is only CURRENTLY on the server, or can it be any resource as long as I have the name?

Thanks for your input...
You can get almost anything that has spawned from day one of this game until today, and tomorrow, and the day after that. Yes, isn't it tempting to use it for some elusive resource ;)
And still it is best used to sample the stats of current resources, and help keeping SWGCraft updated.

/Zimoon

Darec
Novice Crafter

Post by Darec » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:05 am

Thanks, Zimoon! I'll keep that in mind. As far as sampling for current resources and posting it, I'm working on that :)

This site has REALLY helped me in the past on searching for resources... I'm working on paying that back now.

Thanks to all for your help :)
Darec Olemo, Engineer/Weaponsmith??
Sabre's Shadow, Rori [Ahazi Galaxy]

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 am

Darec,
The way the resource spawns currently work, there is usually only one Inert Gas in spawn. Very, very rarely, maybe once or twice a year, will there be two Inert Gases in spawn at once. Inert Gas is the largest catagory of resources with 13 different subtypes, of which Colsion is only one. Each spawn lasts an average of 10 days. Thus Colsion will spawn, on average, once every 130 days, or four months. Thats only three times a year. It would not take a whole lot of bad luck for a server to go a whole year and not have a Culsion Gas spawn. For this reason, the 30k resource kit is used on Culsion Gas far more often then anyother resource.