resource waypoints

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

boompowsrprise
Novice Crafter

resource waypoints

Post by boompowsrprise » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:47 am

hi im fairly new to SWG and i rolled a munitions trader. i just want to know if SWGCraft provide waypoints to available resources or does the site just list available resources and i have to go look for the high percentages myself?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: resource waypoints

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:46 am

boompowsrprise wrote:does the site just list available resources and i have to go look for the high percentages myself?
This is correct. It does tell you what planet the resource is on though.

Kexi
Novice Crafter

Post by Kexi » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:35 pm

It would be a very cool feature to have, but some people can't place structures where others can, i.e:

1) In player cities you can only place a structure if you have Zoning Rights, which has to be granted from somebody in the militia of that city.

2) Considering how massive the planets are, it wouldn't be very realistic to program it into the site. For any given resource, you could find 25+ moderate (60%+) locations on any planet, and for really good spots (i.e 80%+) you're still looking at 5 or so spawns per planet per resource.

It would be a real nightmare to code.

With that being said though, I'd be happy to post here about good spawns that I've found on Flurry, but that's useless to people that play on other servers :) So I usually send let my guildmates know, and a few select traders that I do frequent business with (i.e. I found a 95% spot for that Elibo steel that spawned...that was NICE).

KEXI: Master Weaponsmith on Flurry - Need a capped weapon? Mail me in game - SWGcraft contributors get a special discount

Pymae
Novice Crafter

Post by Pymae » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 am

Hello! I came to these forums wondering the same thing as the OP!

Perhaps this can be worked into the forums somehow? A sticky for each server perhaps, with a quick form like date, waypoint, resource, etc.?

I am new to the crafting profession and really looking to beef up my resource collection (stats don't matter to me at this point) but I don't have much time in the evenings for spending all my time searching. I'd contribute as much as I could of course but I don't ever seem to find much more than 79% or so! :(
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Flurry // [PY] >> Ka'ra, Talus

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:51 am

You do realize the average inorganic resource spawn lasts only 10 days, and could be as low as 7 days? :shock:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:01 am

Pymae wrote:Hello! I came to these forums wondering the same thing as the OP!

Perhaps this can be worked into the forums somehow? A sticky for each server perhaps, with a quick form like date, waypoint, resource, etc.?

I am new to the crafting profession and really looking to beef up my resource collection (stats don't matter to me at this point) but I don't have much time in the evenings for spending all my time searching. I'd contribute as much as I could of course but I don't ever seem to find much more than 79% or so! :(
Welcome around, always nice to greet newcomers here :D

Waypoints, a recurring suggestion, see for example this http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 4766#p4766

I suggest you find Trader friends in game, then you may help each other. Very often me and my friends have a large fleet at a great spot within hours, sometimes no room left for others would we have published a waypoint.

The following is not directed against you but is quite general and aimed at anyone:
Finding resources is a mini-game in the game, but yes, it is time consuming.
Resource brokers are there for you, players that don't really craft but mine and sell the resources you don't have the time for.
Being self-sustained at all costs is somewhat against the intention of an MMO, interdependency for all classes is the goal.

So, in the end of the day I am simply pragmatic and don't think you will get as many waypoints as you wish for. I was there when the tool MyRes has that built in (it was hacked and trashed about the time NGE came about) but I never found more than a hand-full of waypoints. People are either too cautious and first alert their guildies and friends, and then a tad lazy.

I am not against the idea though, if the Devs throw it in I wouldn't whine. But don't expect marvels from it ;)

Again, welcome around

/Zimoon

PS: What is it you only find 79% for? Did you know that for some resource classes that is considered awesome? One of Lunariel's guides (link in the stickied thread in general crafting forum) discusses concentrations.

Pymae
Novice Crafter

Post by Pymae » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Zimoon wrote: Welcome around, always nice to greet newcomers here :D

Waypoints, a recurring suggestion, see for example this http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 4766#p4766

I suggest you find Trader friends in game, then you may help each other. Very often me and my friends have a large fleet at a great spot within hours, sometimes no room left for others would we have published a waypoint.

The following is not directed against you but is quite general and aimed at anyone:
Finding resources is a mini-game in the game, but yes, it is time consuming.
Resource brokers are there for you, players that don't really craft but mine and sell the resources you don't have the time for.
Being self-sustained at all costs is somewhat against the intention of an MMO, interdependency for all classes is the goal.

So, in the end of the day I am simply pragmatic and don't think you will get as many waypoints as you wish for. I was there when the tool MyRes has that built in (it was hacked and trashed about the time NGE came about) but I never found more than a hand-full of waypoints. People are either too cautious and first alert their guildies and friends, and then a tad lazy.

I am not against the idea though, if the Devs throw it in I wouldn't whine. But don't expect marvels from it ;)

Again, welcome around

/Zimoon

PS: What is it you only find 79% for? Did you know that for some resource classes that is considered awesome? One of Lunariel's guides (link in the stickied thread in general crafting forum) discusses concentrations.
Thanks for the welcome!

I totally understand what you mean, but it does get frustrating sometimes when the time flies by from just searching for resources :P ...perhaps though I was having a streak of bad luck, i've been finding 85%+ spots the past couple days! Nothing special just basic stuff I use.

Perhaps I will try and find some crafting allies to keep me up to date :D

And the 79% one was nothing special either just seemed to be where my excitedly ever-increasing trail would lead me then end right at 79 haha. Anyway thanks again!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Flurry // [PY] >> Ka'ra, Talus