Can't hit max efficiency with 100% score on Extractors

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Gyrajock
Novice Crafter

Can't hit max efficiency with 100% score on Extractors

Post by Gyrajock » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:18 pm

I have been attempting to make BER 44 and BER 14 structures, and even when hitting 100% efficiency it comes out at 43.
Is 100% not 100%?

I don't buff, don't watch ents, don't drink or eat anything, no stat clothing, no research center city, so since 100% is not giving me 44, how many of the above do I need to do or what is the deal here?

I use the highest quality resources and would like this game to be as little work as it can be while doing the actual crafting. Factories and mining is enough work as it stands.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:28 am

The secret is in the Ore mining unit. To make the BER 14 Heavy harvesters and BER 19 Fusions the Ore Mining Unit must be rated BER 7. You can only achieve this by getting at least one "amazing success" while experimanting. The final schematic only tops out at 99%, its one of the "bugged" schematics that because of rounding errors can never get to 100%.
It used to be necessary to get an entertainer buff to boost resource quality to do this. Now it requires you to have the right expsertise boxes.
Just going from memory, which can be faulty, I believe the "Advanced Ore Mining Unit" is not a "bugged schematic" and that it can get to 100%. It gets to BER 21 if it is experimented to 100%.

Gyrajock
Novice Crafter

Post by Gyrajock » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:03 am

Hmm I will try the regular extractors again.
I have crates of 7s for the smaller OMUs, my Adv. are only 20s so I may need to trash those crates and try again.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gyrajock
Novice Crafter

Post by Gyrajock » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Cool I had some 7s and hadn't used good enough materials (I was focused on shipwright initially) and hit 14 no problem. I had just seen the 100% efficiency on the Elites and it was bothering me that the stats show up that way. I am cooking up a crate of 21s now so I can finally compete on Farstar!
Thanks,
Gyrajock / Bumba CLot

Trystian
Novice Crafter

Post by Trystian » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:34 pm

Greetings all.

A little background info: I've been gone for over 2 years. I left right after JTL hit the servers. With all the changes, I feel like a noob again. I was a Master Architect before, and now once again.

Anyhow, my questions are:
1. What is the highest BER on the Elites, heavy Extractors, and Fusion Gens?
2. What is the highest BER you can make with the Manufacturing Mechanisms, Turbo Fluidic Drilling Pump Units, Advanced Ore Mining Units, Advanced Heavy Harvesting Mechanisms. (I'd like to try to build the Elites, along with a few Uber Fusion Gens.)
3. As a Master Architect, do I need any extras (skill tapes, etc.) to be able to reach the highest BER available?

Thank you,
-Trystian

Gyrajock
Novice Crafter

Post by Gyrajock » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:32 pm

Well I am still not able to hit the 44s but this is what I have done this week.
I made some crates of Adv Turbo Fluidic pumps at 21, and would have a base of 29% going into experimentation. I could hit 99% efficiency and still would get 43.
I was not able to get 21 AOMUs after 20+ tries, never did get amazings back to back using Lanolk steel(Farstar) and some 0 stat gases.
I did make my first 14s when the crates of 7s I had.

So in response to your question, 44 is max BER on all Elites, 14s for all Heavies, and I am not sure about Fusions but it is 18-21 or something, not sure. The tips are 7s on the heavies, 21 on elites.

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Tue May 01, 2007 4:03 am

are you using clothes with mods for assembly and experimentation, using good food, and good stations and tools?
ImageImage

Ceda
Novice Crafter

Post by Ceda » Wed May 16, 2007 3:22 am

You should be able to make the BER 21 AOMUs. I craft in a research town, use a 44.999 crafting station, and have the correct expertise picked. Try all of that and see. As for the BER max, 44 for elites, 14 for heavies, and 19 for fusions.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed May 16, 2007 4:24 am

Trystian wrote:Greetings all.

A little background info: I've been gone for over 2 years. I left right after JTL hit the servers. With all the changes, I feel like a noob again. I was a Master Architect before, and now once again.

Anyhow, my questions are:
1. What is the highest BER on the Elites, heavy Extractors, and Fusion Gens?
2. What is the highest BER you can make with the Manufacturing Mechanisms, Turbo Fluidic Drilling Pump Units, Advanced Ore Mining Units, Advanced Heavy Harvesting Mechanisms. (I'd like to try to build the Elites, along with a few Uber Fusion Gens.)
3. As a Master Architect, do I need any extras (skill tapes, etc.) to be able to reach the highest BER available?

Thank you,
-Trystian
Trystian,
Others have answered the first two questions, for the third, the answer is no, but they will help.
In the last publish, traders got their expertise and in that expertise are two major bonuses. One it the 4% bonus to resource quality, the second is the 10% bonus to experimentation that gives you one extra experiment point. This is just like the old crafter clothing, so it makes you an "11 pt architect" If you have crafter clothing, either the old pre NGE suits, or the new ones made with the new RE process, they will add to your expertise. You can now be a "13 point architect" with expertise and clothing.
Back to your question. It is the 4% increase to resource quality that allows BER 14 Heavy harvesters and BER 44 Elites. Before this bonus, you would have needed 1000 HR, 1000, SR and 1000 UT resources. Now you just need 962 or better. As to the experiment points, if you get only "great" results, it will take 11 experiment points to get 100%. If you get just one "amazing" result you get 100% in 10 points. If you get 8 or more "amazing"results, you get 100% in 9 points. So you see you dont "need" 11, or even 13, points. However, on harvesters you can also experiement hopper size, when you are done experimenting BER, so any extra points give you larger hoppers on your harvesters.

Here is a table of experimentation results that I have borrowed from Zimoon in his Guide to Traders
Critical Failure | -14.00
Failure | -7.00
Moderate Success | 1.05
Success | 1.75
Good Success | 3.50
Great Success | 7.00
Amazing Success | 8.05
Remember that using "perfect" resources gets you an assembly result of 29% as your starting point.
10 "Great" = 70 add to the base 29 gives you only 99, which is why you need an 11th great result to get 100%
9 "great" = 63 + one "amazing" 8.05 = 71.05 added to 29 = 100.05
8 "amazing" = 64.4 + one "great" 7 = 71.4 added to 29 = 100.4
Last edited by Savacc on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Renunciate
Novice Crafter

Post by Renunciate » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:18 am

Okay, I'm tearing my hair out. Have BER 21 devices going in, have entertainer Flush With Success buff, 11 experimentation points. I'm even burning Bespin Port like water! Starting at 29%, I experiment and end up with all the boxes filled at 99% and a BER 43 Elite Chem or Mineral. What the heck am I doing wrong? (I did manage to get a couple of 44 Minerals, but the exact same process and materials also got me a handful of 43's.)

Also, how do I max storage? I usually end up with just one exp point to spend on it. :(

Any suggestions happily accepted. Thanks in advance.

Cietina Schiff of Ahazi

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:32 am

Renunciate wrote:Okay, I'm tearing my hair out. Have BER 21 devices going in, have entertainer Flush With Success buff, 11 experimentation points. I'm even burning Bespin Port like water! Starting at 29%, I experiment and end up with all the boxes filled at 99% and a BER 43 Elite Chem or Mineral. What the heck am I doing wrong? (I did manage to get a couple of 44 Minerals, but the exact same process and materials also got me a handful of 43's.)

Also, how do I max storage? I usually end up with just one exp point to spend on it. :(

Any suggestions happily accepted. Thanks in advance.

Cietina Schiff of Ahazi
Im almost positive that the Elite harvesters are not one of the "bugged" schematics that can only get to 99%. In that case if you have 11 Exp points, you should always be able to get to 100% and a BER 44 harvester. The only thing I can think of is your resources. Are all your resources 962 or better? Or are you trying to average some lower stats with higher stats to get to 962?
Wait, you are a CL 90 Structures Trader?

To get better hopper sizes you need more Exp points. The only way to get them is from an REed shirt, chest armor and weapon attachment (or an old, pre NGE crafting suit) with "Structure Experimentation".

Renunciate
Novice Crafter

Post by Renunciate » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:17 am

Well, the steel I'm using is:
UT - 999
HR - 950
SR - 980

Do I need a steel with ALL those stats at least 962? For chem I use lube oil, so it does't count. Don't have the ore stats off-hand, but I know they were very good.

And yes, I'm level 90 with 11 experimentation points. I am SOOOOOO confused! (Good thing I understand that confusion is a state of grace, eh?)

Cietina the Confused

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:08 pm

Renunciate wrote:Well, the steel I'm using is:
UT - 999
HR - 950
SR - 980

Do I need a steel with ALL those stats at least 962? For chem I use lube oil, so it does't count. Don't have the ore stats off-hand, but I know they were very good.

And yes, I'm level 90 with 11 experimentation points. I am SOOOOOO confused! (Good thing I understand that confusion is a state of grace, eh?)

Cietina the Confused
Well your steel is certainly good enough. You do just need to average 962.

You say that sometimes you get BER 43 harvesters and sometimes you get BER 44 using the same resources and sub componants? That would be a result of the experimentation process. If you get a result less then "great" or "amazing", then you will never get to 100%. Though you could still get to a percentage that would make a BER 43. That would be the simplest explanation for what is happening to you. However I doubt that is whats wrong. Since chapt 5 gave us our expertise, I have only gotten an experiment less then "great" or "amazing" one time. Other crafters report the same thing, it is a very rare occurance, or it hasnt happened at all to them yet.
The only other possibility is that you only actually have ten experimentation points. This could happen if you were not CL 90, but had the expertise and one more from clothing, or you are CL 90, but dont have the expertise box for architect experimentation.

Couple more questions. Do you get BER 44s most of the time, but only got BER 43 once or twice? That could be you just got really unlucky in experimentation. After getting to BER 43 do you have any exp points left over? If you do, then its the fault of your resources.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:51 pm

And a quickie, are you experimenting inside a city with Research City status or not?

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:33 am

As an archi, when I was making 44's (yeah the experiment up to 100 to get the 44) I experimented 1 point at a time. it took a little longer, but I never wound up with a 43 BER. Every now and again (as an 11 point archi) I would have 1 point left over for hopper size. I never got around to working on stat clothing before I put my toons on that server on hiatus.