a question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

VigX
Novice Crafter

a question

Post by VigX » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 pm

I am a returning vet. I use to love to craft meds. I have switched to structures, and have a lot of fun so far. One thing I haven't found an answer to is, what is a recyler? How does it work? Where do you buy them or do we make them?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: a question

Post by Savacc » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:28 pm

One of the great things about a game that is five years old now, is that somewhere, someone, has written a guide for just about everything.

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=465

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:52 am

VigX wrote:I am a returning vet. I use to love to craft meds. I have switched to structures, and have a lot of fun so far. One thing I haven't found an answer to is, what is a recyler? How does it work? Where do you buy them or do we make them?

I have been debating whether to make a set of these or not, I can see them being useful for the leftover bits and pieces with a view to using the output in items where quality isn't an issue (survey tools, structure modules etc.) but I have a feeling it would take forever to get the quantities required to be useful.

With regards to the rest of the question:
The schematics are mob drops, I think I have picked up all most all of mine on Kashyyyk, but they are tradable so you can get them on the broker, just do a galaxy wide search for "recycle" but you may need to find an Engineer to make it alternatively you can buy the pre-made item.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Recyclers are handy for those odd bits of resources you have lying about. If my memory serves me correctly, there are 5 types of recyclers, and as far as I know they are made by a Engineer Trader. All parts can be looted, except for a small amount of resources (metal)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Hodru
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Hodru » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:50 pm

I find them to be extremely useful as a structures trader, since many of the materials we need have no real stat requirements. If I have an ore that isn't great for anything, I'll recycle it, regardless of if I have a couple hundred or a couple hundred thousand. Makes making walls a breeze to always use recycled materials.