Reverse Engineering 101

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Stobbart
Novice Crafter

Re: Reverse Engineering 101

Post by Stobbart » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Is there still the issue of belted skirts having a problem when you try to drop an attachment in them, is this still the case?

- Stobbart
Starting up on TCPrime now.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:20 pm

Stobbart wrote:Is there still the issue of belted skirts having a problem when you try to drop an attachment in them, is this still the case?
Haven't heard of so I hope for others' input here.

This sounds really weird, the belt on skirts are only a presentation thing, there is no real belt that anybody can take off the belt, so why should that cause a problem? But with SOE we never know, do we? ;)

EDITED: At the official forum I stumbled over a thread where CeigeMaraj says: The bug is fixed. So, there was a bug and it is squashed.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks to a PM from LizzyD I now know that any higher order bit can be used for a 1st order bit. However, only a 2nd order can be used as a 2nd order bit and consequently only a 3rd order bit for a 3rd order bit.

Thanks LizzyD

/Zimoon

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:53 am

I think a third can be used for a second, I'd have to check to confirm though.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:43 am

TradeMaster wrote:I think a third can be used for a second, I'd have to check to confirm though.
Please do, but it was exactly that that started Lizzy's trouble, she (?) she somehow managed to get a 3rd order while getting the last boost up to 35, which is also seldom heard of. Me too was under the impression you could always use a higher order for a lower order, but ... :?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Added appendix D and E.

With user support we can hopefully keep them up-to-date.

I don't know how interesting or important it could be to have a short note on what they do, what do you think?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 am

Added the new junk loot items that was added with Chapter 9 to Appendix D.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri May 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Expanding our BBCode parser so we can hopefully get this guide listed under the RE Guide(s) link too

Aucob
Novice Crafter

Post by Aucob » Tue May 27, 2008 3:42 am

Great guide Zimoon! I'm a little fuzzy on this point:
2. Create a full power item as usual. RE the item plus an item with 2 stats to make a 2nd order power bit with retained power. Create a second SEA using this 2nd order power bit + another modifier wished for + the first SEA.
Does the level of the item with 2 stats matter? If I've got a +35 luck hat and I RE that with a lvl 50 item with 2 stats, will I get a 2nd order +35 power bit? Or will it drop it down to a 2nd order +25 power bit (based on the 2 stat item, plus RE chance, plus luck and fortune)?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 27, 2008 5:57 am

Yes, it will remain 35, and that comes from
A power bit is REd from an item with one or multiple stats and it gets its power based on the strongest stat of the item, the item's combat level (CL), your RE Chance and Luck, and fortune.
The strongest stat will be the 35 you have.

/Zimoon

Aucob
Novice Crafter

Post by Aucob » Tue May 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Zimoon wrote:Yes, it will remain 35, and that comes from
A power bit is REd from an item with one or multiple stats and it gets its power based on the strongest stat of the item, the item's combat level (CL), your RE Chance and Luck, and fortune.

/Zimoon
Ok, so that makes any loot item with multiple stats (even the low level stuff) pretty valuable.

Thanks for the info Zimoon!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 28, 2008 6:09 am

Aucob wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Yes, it will remain 35, and that comes from

/Zimoon
Ok, so that makes any loot item with multiple stats (even the low level stuff) pretty valuable.

Thanks for the info Zimoon!
Yuppers, I often buy cheap low level multi stat items off of the Bazaar. Hopefully some newcomer becomes happy :)
/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Added info on and about the Cybernetic Deconstruction Arm.

Yep-Yep
Novice Crafter

Post by Yep-Yep » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:44 am

Kinda read through this for fun. Saw someone say you can not use a 3rd as a 1st or 2nd order and knoticed later someone said they thought you could use a 3rd as a 2nd order.
You can use a 3rd order as a 1st order and a 2nd order as a 1st order but can not use a 3rd order as a 2nd order.
Alot of times in game I see people asking to buy 3 and 4 stated loot so they can make 3rd orders.
You can use 1 stated item with +35 on it and a double stated item like +1 camo +1 str to turn a 3rd order. Might take more then 1 try.
You can allso take the +35 and a low order bit like a +7 str 2nd order with the +35 1st order make a SEA that way to make your owne double stated item and use a low stated modded clothing with +3 agility to turn a 3rd order..

I thought about getting back into RE'ing again just to see if I could turn a +36 with all the new upgrades..
Was kinda checking to see if anyone Has tried to grind some past +35 to check it out yet ?
7 months ago I had +1238 luck and 152 RE chance and could not turn one if it even possible to do so..
Guessing now you can do 154 RE ( I'll have to check the chart again ) and said more then 1200 luck. Dont know how true to form this person was I ran into game awhile back but over heard him say he had close to 1430 something luck.

Sorry raddling on... pretty much wanted to get that 3rd order question answered..

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:29 am

Thanks for the input, I will edit the guide as soon as I am given some time (waiting for Santa or something ;)).

It looks like there is a hard cap at +35, even those with the uber suits cannot make it higher.

The current RE max is 159, as listed above :)

/Zimoon