The Cybernetic Deconstruction Arm...

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Re: The Cybernetic Deconstruction Arm...

Post by Kirneh » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Do you remember that glove or do I need to check it out by crafting all possible clothing and armor gloves? I hope you mean not an Itho/Wookie glove.
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

Phonelesscord
Novice Crafter

Post by Phonelesscord » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Dont worry about it, Zimoon was just mistaken. Gloves stay on when you install the arm, just the left one shows though.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Phonelesscord wrote:Dont worry about it, Zimoon was just mistaken. Gloves stay on when you install the arm, just the left one shows though.
Reading and learning. Every day. WHo said SWG is plain, shallow, and dumb? ;)

/Zimoon

atox
Apprentice Crafter

Post by atox » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:42 pm

just finished the quest for the arm. not sure why i wanted it. a bit OCD maybe. but anyways i recieved 140,752 xp for the quest and upon examining the arm it doesnt say no trade. so i assume i can give it to another of my traders?

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:55 pm

atox wrote:just finished the quest for the arm. not sure why i wanted it. a bit OCD maybe. but anyways i recieved 140,752 xp for the quest and upon examining the arm it doesnt say no trade. so i assume i can give it to another of my traders?
Yep you can trade it between characters or sell it if you like.

However if you do a lot of hand sampling (Mustafar resources for example) I would thoroughly recommend getting yourself a basic pet and doing the Resource Scavenger Training quest as that gives a nice little buff.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Yeah I need both of those... I didn't know that the 3rd option on the window that popped up for the collection quest so I never actually clicked on it til last night. I wish I had known sooner. Now it is a painful long process to hand sample until I get all of that. I got two traders so gotta do it twice.

Then the pet, I need to get one that will protect me while I'm sampling as well as be able to receive the resource gathering training. Any suggestions? Which section do I look on the bazaar for pets?

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:08 pm

MoonDragn wrote:Yeah I need both of those... I didn't know that the 3rd option on the window that popped up for the collection quest so I never actually clicked on it til last night. I wish I had known sooner. Now it is a painful long process to hand sample until I get all of that. I got two traders so gotta do it twice.

Then the pet, I need to get one that will protect me while I'm sampling as well as be able to receive the resource gathering training. Any suggestions? Which section do I look on the bazaar for pets?
It didn't take too long. I used a lot of the Musty and Kash resources, or whatever was in cycle with the highest values for each resource type. I only had a level 1-5 pet at the time, I didn't really need too much protection (my trader was level 90 so most mobs weren't aggroing against me). To do that you only have to have 1 dot in BM, I think I put 4-5 so I could teach a attack and heal.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:40 am

Yeah I don't think I would bother with a trader/pet combo unless you are prepared to put the expertise into the BM tree, I have leveled up a 60 point angler to 90 and with only one point in BM the pet is worse than a level 60 combat droid.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 am

I just have 1 point in BM to allow me to have the pet. Most my Traders do not even have that much since as soon as have stashed away some resources you rather harvest by harvesters :P
/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Teyana wrote:So, now that I've gotten this arm, what's the special trick to equipping it?
Visit a Medical Center in for example Mos Eisley, Coronet, or Theed. Possibly more locations, I don't know.

Find a droid there that will make the necessary surgery.

The operation will knock off clothing that occupy that arm and the glove (I think there is one kind of glove that works though), but the net effect on REChance and Luck is positive whatsoever.

/Zimoon
The cybernetcis DRs are located in the cities you mentioned, but are NPCs on the 2nd level of the medical center, not the medical droids.

You will lose the effective use of the Bracer and the Upper Arm armor pieces, but you net more luck than you would have had with 2 35-bits of luck. (I am taking this from another thread here, not my math.) I don't think you lose too much in terms of armor protection, but that depends on which set you have on your crafter.

I will confirm that you can keep the gloves on, and with the appearance tab you can still look 'normal' with 2 arms. (This was one reason I never used cybernetics before, so /cheer Devs! :mrgreen: )

hope this helps!
/Slakkarr

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Finally got my arm this weekend. Took a while. Now I have to do the pet sampling thing. It is taking forever, gone through about sampling over 100k of resources already and only gotten 6 times on the collection.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 pm

MoonDragn wrote:Finally got my arm this weekend. Took a while. Now I have to do the pet sampling thing. It is taking forever, gone through about sampling over 100k of resources already and only gotten 6 times on the collection.
make sure that you have a luck buff from an ent and as much other luck as you can get, i found that that helped me.

edit:
The luck buffs apparently help holo grinding for you Jedi out there as well.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Really? I didn't realize luck had anything to do with collections like this. Thats good to know. BTW, does that apply to the luck buff from a lucky forage too?

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:38 pm

MoonDragn wrote:Really? I didn't realize luck had anything to do with collections like this. Thats good to know. BTW, does that apply to the luck buff from a lucky forage too?
I can't confirm that one. The only reason I added the bit about the holos is from personal experience. Could be the way that I perceived it as well, but others have corroborated my idea as working better with the luck buff.

/slakkarr
/nagurra

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 pm

fridge33sam wrote:
MoonDragn wrote:Really? I didn't realize luck had anything to do with collections like this. Thats good to know. BTW, does that apply to the luck buff from a lucky forage too?
I can't confirm that one. The only reason I added the bit about the holos is from personal experience. Could be the way that I perceived it as well, but others have corroborated my idea as working better with the luck buff.

/slakkarr
/nagurra
OMG! Yur on Flurry too! I'm looking for a Domestics Trader to make a few clothing attachments from power/mod bits I made. Can I contact your toon Slakkarr ingame to help me make those? Maybe we can trade services because I'm a Droid Engineer with only 25k of credits left to my name after making all these power/mod bits out of junk loot lol