BM tool Kit

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Does this tool kit help your BM ?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:43 am

yes
75%
no
25%
It needs something like... (post below for possable development)
No votes

Total votes: 4

zeplin
Novice Crafter

BM tool Kit

Post by zeplin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi All BM's and BM crafters,

http://www.zeplinenterprise.com/pn/SWG/BMToolKit.zip

Current Version v.7.3.beta

I have started an Excel workbook to help me do several things for the hybrid prof. right now it is basic but the some of the structure is there. I am posting it early to help all of the BM mutation experiments get a feel for what has been tried and not tried that was posted on the forums.

When the book is done it will work like many of the old tool kits of pre-nge and cu. this will be my second original workbook but it has a long way to go. The way I want it to work is summarily to the Foomans and AS little helper. But this is what I want it to end up like:

1. All Crafter consumables and items have both resources and gates for all parts (Done). As well as an predictor for the results of the items (Beta Math testing needed)

2. All Mutation combinations and what they can do. (started)

3. Resource tracking that sinks with this site or the orginal. (Done)

4. An budget analyzer that encompasses all of the above crafted parts, bio parts and time spent to give an accurate estimate of profit margins. (Done)

Sounds easy right. Well we will see.

---------------------------------
Version History

Sept. 03 2007: v0.1 Resource list and shoping list created
Sept. 13 2007: v0.2 Mutation Data added
Sept. 14 2007: v0.3 Structures Data and Gates added
Sept. 14 2007: v0.4.d Projector started on Domestics
Sept. 17 2007: v0.4 Setup Bonus's system for all traders
Sept. 17 2007: v0.4 Projector started on Engineer
Sept. 18 2007: v0.4 Projector started on Munition
Sept. 18 2007: v0.4 Projector started on Structures
Sept. 20 2007: v0.5 Resource Retriever added
Sept. 20 2007: v0.6 Cost study's completed
Sept. 20 2007: v0.6.1 Added SWG Craft Project as an source for resources
Sept. 24 2007: v0.7 Reengineered the resources for future options
Sept. 26 2007: v0.7.1 Fixed Dom Enzyme Mix from Lethoron post.
Sept. 26 2007: v0.7.2 fixed the problem with retriever resources that was posted

--------------------------------------

Ok, here is the Beta for the Predictor. I have all the math in place but i need it tested to tweek it right. there are a couple of things that need to be adjusted befor you test. the 'Help' tab has an bonus's group of yellow boxes that can be adjusted to set the experiance and city bonus correcly. I am not sure but i think city bonus's might not work as advertized. please test and get back.

Any ways all the worksheets are locked but the password is on the help page as well as here 'swgbm' is the password.

The area that i belive needs tweeking is the blue weighed average numbers. The devisor to be exactly from my experiance it is slightly less than the number of types resources used. for example if there is an iron and a polymer needed it will be slightly less than 2 something like 2.905 or somthing.

If you can help please let me know. Email me at toddsefcik@hawaii.rr.com. or just pm me here to get it cordinated.
Last edited by zeplin on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.

zeplin
Novice Crafter

Post by zeplin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Screen Shots of the Beta
Bonus selection
Mutation Data
Resources
Domestic Data
Engineer Data
Munitions Data
Structures Data
Shopping List & Gates
Cost Study Domestics
Cost Study Engineer
Cost Study Munitions
Cost Study Structures
Last edited by zeplin on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

zeplin
Novice Crafter

Post by zeplin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:39 pm

reserved

zeplin
Novice Crafter

Post by zeplin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:34 am

reserved

lehorton
Novice Crafter

Post by lehorton » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:08 pm

Looks good so far. Very useful.

Few comments/issues that I see so far:

Domestics Enzyme Separation Mixture is wrong. It uses 250x Class 1 Liquid Petrochemical. No Iron

Fpr many of the structure trader recipes, can you put a spot that allows us to enter in the purity and mutation value for the sub-component parts? For example for the Enzyme Centrifuge Separation Tray, in addition to the Steel we need to use te subcomponents Enzyme Centrifuge Separation Filter and Enzyme Centrifuge Separation Mixture. Both of which have a Purity and Mutagen value (each capped at 1.0) that contribute to the quality of the Separation Tray (each value capped at 3.0)

Thanks

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:01 pm

It looks great, but I've been having problems with the resources. Is it supposed to update with current resources for my server? It doesn't seem to want update for Bria

zeplin
Novice Crafter

Post by zeplin » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:23 am

i have found the problem i should have it repaired and posted tonight.

zeplin
Novice Crafter

Post by zeplin » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:26 am

lehorton wrote:Looks good so far. Very useful.

Few comments/issues that I see so far:

Domestics Enzyme Separation Mixture is wrong. It uses 250x Class 1 Liquid Petrochemical. No Iron

Fpr many of the structure trader recipes, can you put a spot that allows us to enter in the purity and mutation value for the sub-component parts? For example for the Enzyme Centrifuge Separation Tray, in addition to the Steel we need to use te subcomponents Enzyme Centrifuge Separation Filter and Enzyme Centrifuge Separation Mixture. Both of which have a Purity and Mutagen value (each capped at 1.0) that contribute to the quality of the Separation Tray (each value capped at 3.0)

Thanks
Fixing the Separation Mixture.

i can add the subcomponets but i need the math on how they effect the products resuting expmental pecentages. as i have not crafted about 99% of these parts it may take some time. but i will get them all done.

Ofav
Novice Crafter

Post by Ofav » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Never have got it to work right retrieving the resources.. maybe it's because i only have excel 2000

zeplin
Novice Crafter

Post by zeplin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:57 am

It should work ther was another code issue i found that would not switch between the 2 sites but i have fixed that and will post that to night. But Excel 2000 should work as i beleve it will work in Excel 97 also but i am not sure. Please explain your problem and mabye i can help you figure it out. also if you are using an .7.1.beta version there was an big code problem that i had to rebuild before it worked properly.

Ofav
Novice Crafter

Post by Ofav » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:09 pm

zeplin wrote:It should work ther was another code issue i found that would not switch between the 2 sites but i have fixed that and will post that to night. But Excel 2000 should work as i beleve it will work in Excel 97 also but i am not sure. Please explain your problem and mabye i can help you figure it out. also if you are using an .7.1.beta version there was an big code problem that i had to rebuild before it worked properly.
Ok. here is where i get the error in retrieving data..

Public Function DownloadTimeStamp()
Dim hFileLocation As String

hFileLocation = Worksheets("GetFromSWGCraft").Cells(4, 6).Value & "\status.txt"
' switch code for both craft and project web sites
If Worksheets("Help, Guide & Setup").Range(L16, L16) = Worksheets("Help, Guide & Setup").Range(U1, U1) Then
DownloadBinaryFromURL "http://www.swgcraft.com/sendfile.php?file=status.txt", hFileLocation
End If

If Worksheets("Help, Guide & Setup").Range(L16, L16) = Worksheets("Help, Guide & Setup").Range(U2, U2) Then
DownloadBinaryFromURL "http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/sendfile. ... status.txt", hFileLocation
End If

the error comes up as variable not defined when it looks at Range(L16, L16)

zeplin
Novice Crafter

Post by zeplin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:08 am

That is the code i fixed at work but i forgot to bring it home. i will have to wait tell wednesday to get it as i will be out of office tell then.

blindxsecrets
Novice Crafter

Re: BM tool Kit

Post by blindxsecrets » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:31 am

I tried to DL this but the URL is no longer working. Any chance of an update for that? =) Thanks.
Akantha (90 Jedi [ls]), Akakla (90 ent [buffing]), Kavindra (legacy medic), Casseve (legacy smuggler), Eossa (90 Domestics [food/clothing]), Anasati (90 Structures [structures/starship]), Cerryn (90 Engineer [droids/mounts]), Sidrona (90 Munitions [armor/weapons])

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:10 am

blindxsecrets wrote:I tried to DL this but the URL is no longer working. Any chance of an update for that? =) Thanks.
I did a bit of hunting and found another link to the same site.

http://www.zeplinenterprise.com/drupal/index.php

blindxsecrets
Novice Crafter

Post by blindxsecrets » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 am

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the reposting of the link. Off to download it now while I wait for the server to come back.=)
Akantha (90 Jedi [ls]), Akakla (90 ent [buffing]), Kavindra (legacy medic), Casseve (legacy smuggler), Eossa (90 Domestics [food/clothing]), Anasati (90 Structures [structures/starship]), Cerryn (90 Engineer [droids/mounts]), Sidrona (90 Munitions [armor/weapons])