re: a decent n00b guide ? ...and a ? about incubators

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

zekintha
Novice Crafter

re: a decent n00b guide ? ...and a ? about incubators

Post by zekintha » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:42 am

anyone know of a decent newbie guide for BM ?

also, is there anything like a public incubator ? i haven't been able to find anyone selling one on my server (tempest)...

sorry for my ignorance....just started it :)

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:58 am

No idea about a guide, look me up on tempest, sureshot, zartan, or ugli. There is no such thing as a public incubator to my knowledge, and i am not sure of anyone making BM stuff on tempest anymore. I know that Naq was making stuff but he has kinda stepped outta the game for a while.

I kinda brief rundown though, to incubate, you need one creature DNA, you need at least 7500 geothermal energy, and an incubator. Once you have the power in the incubator, you have to initiate the incubator, put the dna in, then you put in the enzymes for the first of 3 incubation cycles. Each of the 3 incubation cycles needs one hydrolase enzyme, which requires using a enzyme extractor on a creature you killed to get one; also required is one lyase enzyme, which you get from foraging, and 2 isomeres enzymes which are loot items from killed creatures.

each enzyme does different things, blah blah blah, lemme see if i can find a link, dont have time atm to get into all that stuff, but i know that the official forums under BM have good info in the stickies

Dont forget to look me up, i will give you a tour of my biolab and a rundown of how everything works, its easier for me that way
ImageImage

zekintha
Novice Crafter

Post by zekintha » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:47 pm

thanks for the info, & considering my husband and i don't know anyone on tempest anymore since we've been gone from the game for a few years and it looks like all our PA have quit playing, it'll be nice to talk to someone in game :)

it may be a few days or a week before i'm on again really, have family coming in to town to stay til next week so i may not get much of a chance to play but we'll see.

i actually was in a house in Jaxian Bay on Naboo that had an incubator that when i right clicked on it brought up my crafting screen but i'd respecced out of BM already in favor of the general harvesting expertise since i was stumped on how to go about doing the beast master thing.

i'll msg you when i'm going to be on for long, i'll probably be logged on periodically while they're here but will most likely just be taking care of harvesters and whatnot so will hold off on contacting you til i know i've got awhile to play.

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:08 pm

I will be looking forward to it. I was out of game for a couple years myself, but zekintha sounds a bit familiar, not sure though
ImageImage