What expertise is needed for crafting enzyme tools?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

FreeSky
Novice Crafter

What expertise is needed for crafting enzyme tools?

Post by FreeSky » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:50 pm

I just respec'd to munitions trader, to make some BM enzyme tools. Do the enzyme equipment crafts use artisan expertise, WS exp, or AS expertise?? I want to know what expertise boxes to level up in so I can make some really good stuff.

Thanks

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:35 am

Each class makes various components to the BM profession. There isn't a single class that can make all, expertise has nothing to do with component crafting.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:00 am

Feral must not understand the question. :roll:

My understanding is that all BM schematics are on the AS side of Munitions, Arch of Structures, Tailor of Domestics and DE of Engineering. You could easily check though. Open up a Clothing/Armor Tool in front of a Clothing/Armor Crafting Station and see.

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:44 pm

I think both of the above are correct. No one class can make any single BM piece of equipment. The components, or subcomponents rather, of each piece of equipment are made by various professions. The final assembly is made by a profession different than that making the subcomponents for that particular product.

Now that we have an explanation that is as clear as mud, i hope it helped.
ImageImage

ordio
Novice Crafter

Post by ordio » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Savacc wrote:Feral must not understand the question. :roll:

My understanding is that all BM schematics are on the AS side of Munitions, Arch of Structures, Tailor of Domestics and DE of Engineering. You could easily check though. Open up a Clothing/Armor Tool in front of a Clothing/Armor Crafting Station and see.
Hi, the above is very close...

You need the WS side, not AS side of munitions...
Yes, Tailor for all of domestics side except for the CRU (chemical reactive unit) which is the food side...

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Re: What expertise is needed for crafting enzyme tools?

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:38 pm

So if I wanted to do all this by myself with my lvl 90 trader, I'd have to respec to each of the 4 types and make the parts? What about the final combine? Seems the more I read, the more there is to learn. So many things interconnected that I cannot do everything.

It seems like the best way to start is to become a tailor and make some socketed clothes to make different crafting suits.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:53 pm

No, the best way is to be in a guild where you have friends and play-alikes and have them help each other :D
Second best is to adapt to the game and buy the stuff you need on the commodity market.

/Zimoon

ordio
Novice Crafter

Post by ordio » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Zimoon wrote:No, the best way is to be in a guild where you have friends and play-alikes and have them help each other :D
Second best is to adapt to the game and buy the stuff you need on the commodity market.

/Zimoon
There is a 3rd yer missing Zimoon :)

Have 2 Accounts (or 3 if you have combat toons) and have one of each type.

I currently have 3 accn'ts, and have all 4 traders... it makes making the BM stuff much easier (i also did this because Valcyn was a very dead server at the time)... now that i'm on Radiant i can probably seek others out, but i like having the extra toons for the lots for harvesting as well :)

The final combine is mainly in structures (except for enzyme extractors as well as the stims in munitions)...

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:16 pm

ordio wrote:
Zimoon wrote:No, the best way is to be in a guild where you have friends and play-alikes and have them help each other :D

/Zimoon
There is a 3rd yer missing Zimoon :)

Have 2 Accounts (or 3 if you have combat toons) and have one of each type.

I currently have 3 accn'ts, and have all 4 traders... it makes making the BM stuff much easier (i also did this because Valcyn was a very dead server at the time)... now that i'm on Radiant i can probably seek others out, but i like having the extra toons for the lots for harvesting as well :)

The final combine is mainly in structures (except for enzyme extractors as well as the stims in munitions)...
I was thinking more in the lines of having fun, it is always fun playing with friends, even as a crafter. Sure, with 2 accounts and one unlock-slot I have 4 crafters, one of each kind, but ... it is kinda weird with people speaking with themselves (even those that happen to have a mobile phone in a pocket ;)).

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:41 pm

I do have 2 accounts and 2 traders already but I dunno if I want 4. The other 2 slots are my commando and my jedi. I would have to make a 3rd account if I wanted all 4 traders, which at this point isn't that appealing to me. Especially if all I need are only a few items to be crafted.

I can't just buy this stuff, my character is pretty broke. So it is either make it myself or start selling my veteran rewards.

No guild or friends to help me either. I've been gone way too long, they have for the most part been gone.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Yeah, BM sub-components can be painfully expensive if you need to buy them off shelf.

The guild I am in at Chimaera, Resurgence (RSG), we see quite a few "veterans" coming back to game, I guess there are guilds that do the same at Sunrunner.

However, there is another option. If you have the resources for the sub-comps, find a friendly Trader to craft you manufacture schematics for the stuff you need; hand him enough of the resources for one, let him craft, and trade back the surplus resources plus the schematic, then you can run your own factory runs. This will work until out of resources, or you have manufactured 1000 items, whichever comes first.

Possibly a tip to cover his time, but it would still save you loads of credits.

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:31 pm

well it would be easier just to respec to that type temporarily, make the schematics for all the stuff I need, and then respec back.

I have a tool in my inventory that gives me 10 respecs... Thats a full respec right?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:53 am

MoonDragn wrote:well it would be easier just to respec to that type temporarily, make the schematics for all the stuff I need, and then respec back.

I have a tool in my inventory that gives me 10 respecs... Thats a full respec right?
Yupp, plus that the first respec(s?) are free and the cost for respecing decays by one level each month, I am all down to zero cost again ;)

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Well I switched over to Engineer to do the component parts. Only to find out I forgot to make one of the pieces on my Munitions Trader.

I then went to Domestic Trader to make the rest, and realized I didn't have the Corn needed to make one of the filters.

So I switched back to Munitions for now. I brought an Incubator at 4.0 instead and am staying put til I can get more better resources. I was only able to reach 100% on one of the crafted items, all the others were like 92-95% :(

All those BM parts are just crazy! I think I need to slowly read through the guides and find out what each part is for.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Part of me likes the way they made BM components so integrated with all the traders but at the same time it makes it very confusing! Has anyone written a guide for what profession makes which component and the order in which they would have to be put together? I tried figuring this out once for a guildy but she bought all the stuff she needed before I could find enough traders to help me out lol.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884