Doc/BM class Combo

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Doc/BM class Combo

Post by dareninger » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:10 am

Has anyone tried this combination? I am thinking of respeccing my Doc with a BM focus.

Thanks

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Doc/BM class Combo

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 am

I believe you mean Medic, not Doc, right? And I have seen them, however if the do good or not I am not the right guy to tell. Most Medics, while part of a group in an instance they must concentrate on the group and do that in the best possible way. Can they do that while sacrificing points in BM? And possibly also pander to a pet? I have seen Medic wipe out a whole group because of one mistake or one tenth of a second loss of Action :(

If you rather just play solo, try it out and see how it works for you :)

However, you probably want to ask this question in the SOE official Medic forum. Mainly we discuss crafting here, but of course, we are not at all restricted to that narrow topic so let them keep coming. Good to see you active here, it's great :)

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:50 pm

I have a Medic, and wouldnt put any BM Expertise on my medic. I find the medic's expertise too valuable, there is nothing I would be willing to cut for BM. On the other hand, Ive also played a Commando and think there are some Commando Expertise I could live without. Those are the only two NGE combat classes I have played, so I cant say about any other combat/BM combos.

In the old game Doc/CH would not be a good combo either, because it wouldnt have left you enough skill in a weapon.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:38 pm

dareninger wrote:Has anyone tried this combination? I am thinking of respeccing my Doc with a BM focus.

Thanks
Well I have a BM/Medic and depending on your play style it is a pretty fun and powerful combination, I think it is a very good specification for anyone that solo's a lot because with a good 60 point pet and a decent weapon you can take on a lot of the bigger mobs in the game on your own.

However if you want to get into regular instance groups I would not recommend sacrificing Medic expertise for BM as a BM/Medic you lose 3 buffs and a debuff which for soloing is not a big deal but for grouping it will be a game breaker.

I know a number of players that use a BM/Officer combination for PvP and do very well at it.

seung-mina
Novice Crafter

Post by seung-mina » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:00 pm

In most Instances i singlehandly keep my group alive as a Beastmaster/Medic. I can tank nearly every Goldelite as effective as a Full-specced Tank. But i have the knowledge on when to use my pet and when not and when its better to keep an eye on your pet and heal it, or when to ignore it and concentrate on the rest of the Group.

I am using this set-up
http://www.oekevo.org/expertisecalculat ... a5ebfa90-8

My 2 main pets are a 60 Point Tusk-Cat and a 60 Point Rancor.