What can i do to improve

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Cloggy
Novice Crafter

What can i do to improve

Post by Cloggy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:25 pm

As a new trader, im trying to learn what to improve, so that i can make as good a result as possible, given the resource quality, skills, hardware etc.

My goal as a structure trader, is to make components for my BM.

So i was trying to make a Element Processing Canister (Purity = OQ 33%, UT 66%)
Resources and subcomponents used:

Element processing system fuse (P= 0.86)
Element processing filter (P=0.53)
Steel (Rojie = UT=995 OQ=957)
Intrusive ore (Sadeiism = UT=989 OQ=928)

Structure exp. points = 133
Structure assembly points = 173

Expertise:
Fully left side, except (keen understanding and bottom 2 schematics) rest in general.

Hard ware. 15% tool, 44,9% crafting station.
Entertainer buff, used pyollian cakebefore "assemble", and used bespin before each experimentation point.

I had 13 points to destribute, usually ended up with 3 left over (100% purity) which then went to mutagen.
Best i ended up with was 2.4 purity for the canister, which i frankly had hoped for was better. I had hoped for about 2.88 or even better.
I didn't see many "amasing results", maybe a max of 3-4 for whol session.

So what went wrong? what can i improve? was i out of luck due to lack of "amasings"?
Any suggestions would be great.
Last edited by Cloggy on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: What can i do to improve

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Moved topic to Beast Mastery forum since it is specific to that kind.

Warmly welcome to SWGCraft, always good to see newcomers here.

I wish I could help you but I am not BM and haven't looked into what makes good or bad. Sorry. Hopefully somebody will come by soonish :)

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 am

I have only dabbled in BM, so I cant really tell you if "Mutagen" of 2.4 or 2.88 is good or makes much a difference. It is "Mutagen" you are talking about right, since you state you get 100% on "Purity"? Doesnt Mutagen require different experimental properties then Purity?

I can give you general crafting advise though. First, craft in a Diner, or with the Helper Monkey. This can get your Structure Experimentation Skill up to 140 and get you 14 points to experiment with. Oh just looking at your Skill again, you would need 134 before adding the Diner or Helper Monkey. Im not sure what you mean by "Structure structure" points, did you mean Assembly?

Second, you need to use an experimental strategy that will maximize the effect of getting amazings. On the Purity line you want to click on all eight boxes. You are looking for an amazing on all eight. You throw away anything that isnt an amazing. Now you will need only one more box to cap the Purity line with only nine points used. This last box can be either a great or amazing. Next you go to the Mutagen line and click all four boxes left. (or five if you get one more point on your crafting suit and a Diner or Helper Monkey). Again you will only accept the result if you get an amazing, anything else you throw away and start over. Granted, this will take some time and waste a lot of high quality resources, but it is the way to insure you get the best Canister (or any other item) you can. When you finally get this "double amazing" Canister, make a factory schematic so you dont have to do this again.

Cloggy
Novice Crafter

Post by Cloggy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:23 am

Im interested in purity stats, not the mutagen stat.

When you say " On the Purity line you want to click on all eight boxes. You are looking for an amazing on all eight."
I assume that means, click 1 box, hit "run experiment", and repeat until i hit 100%?
How high should my luck attribute be ? for getting a higher chance of amazings ?

Resource wise, the mentioned resources are good enough right? i basicly just need a full line of amazings, to get the result i want, and this can still be reached with 13 exp. points i assume?

By the way, is +25 structure exp. points the max i can get using SEA's ? or is +25 the max using the new mods, meaning i can go above that limit adding old tapes pre nge ?

Thanks for your help btw.
Much appreciated.

seung-mina
Novice Crafter

Post by seung-mina » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Simple, you need better subcomponents.
For canisters both have a Cap of 1.0, so your 0.53 Element Processing Filter drags your endresult down.

Cloggy
Novice Crafter

Post by Cloggy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Yah i tried to get a hold of better components, but i couldn't :(

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Cloggy wrote:Im interested in purity stats, not the mutagen stat.

When you say " On the Purity line you want to click on all eight boxes. You are looking for an amazing on all eight."
I assume that means, click 1 box, hit "run experiment", and repeat until i hit 100%?
How high should my luck attribute be ? for getting a higher chance of amazings ?

Resource wise, the mentioned resources are good enough right? i basicly just need a full line of amazings, to get the result i want, and this can still be reached with 13 exp. points i assume?

By the way, is +25 structure exp. points the max i can get using SEA's ? or is +25 the max using the new mods, meaning i can go above that limit adding old tapes pre nge ?

Thanks for your help btw.
Much appreciated.
Looks like I misunderstood you and on at least one point youre not understanding me. Wouldnt it be great if communication were a more exact science? :roll:

First, are you able to experiment the Purity line to 100%? If you are then Seung-mina has your answer. Just eyeballing your resources, they looked like they would be close. I almost got my calculator out to check, but Im basically too lazy. If your resources are good enough, you will get 100% Purity every time. If your resources are not good enough, no amount of amazings, luck or anything else will improve the quality of your resources (well the expertise boxes do, but you have those already). :wink:

If the Purity line is all you care about, then you can pretty much ignore all my advise in my first post. That advise was how to get a second line (Mutagen) as high as possible, after getting the first line (Purity) to 100%. But just to explain, no you dont click one box at a time, you click all eight (eight is the most you can click). You are trying to get "amazings" on eight boxes. Trying to do that one box at a time is nearly impossible. Your chances of getting one amazing on eight boxes are still not great, but much much higher. The reason to do this is to save a box. You can get to 100% with only nine boxes if eight of them are "amazings". If you get at least one "amazing" you can get a line to 100% with ten boxes. If you get no "amazings", only "greats" it takes eleven boxes. However, if you only care about a single line, then you dont need to worry about any of this. Nine, ten or eleven boxes, you are going to get to 100% as long as your resources are good enough. :D

Luck: Im a believer that Luck does nothing to get you more normal "amazings". Nothing anyone has shown me yet makes me think Im wrong. What Luck does is give you more chances of getting a "Lucky Break" while crafting. These "Lucky Breaks" record on your log as an "amazing success", but are in fact better then "normal amazings". The "Lucky Breaks" give you +8.4% per box experimented, "normal amazings" are +8.05% and "greats" are +7. Again though, if you are only experimenting one line, a "Lucky Break" doesnt help you more then a "normal amazing", because you cant go higher then 100%, or whatever the limit of your resources is.

There is a cap of +25 Experimentation Skill on SEAs for the purpose of determining how many Experimentation Points (the "boxes") you will get. The new system can only reach +24, with three +8s. The new SEAs and old SEAs do stack together, so combining them you can get way over +25, but only the first 25 count for Experimentation Points. Now, there is debate over whether SEAs higher then +25 count towards your Experimentation Roll and give you a better chance of getting "amazing successes". Im on the side that says no, that SEAs are capped at +25 for the Experimentation Roll too. But there are crafters that disagree and claim they are getting more "amazings" with crafting suits that have Experimentation Skill in the 50s and 60s. :shock:

Cloggy
Novice Crafter

Post by Cloggy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Awesome, thanks alot for the answers :)