dna harvesting

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

atox
Apprentice Crafter

dna harvesting

Post by atox » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:08 pm

im trying to harvest dna from a few of the dath citizens namely reptillian flyer. and a few other aggressive critters. is there a trick to gettting it? ive tried sneaking up on them. run in snatch and grab. and i always enter combat before i can extract it. so if anyone has any tips could you share please :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: dna harvesting

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:13 pm

atox wrote:im trying to harvest dna from a few of the dath citizens namely reptillian flyer. and a few other aggressive critters. is there a trick to gettting it? ive tried sneaking up on them. run in snatch and grab. and i always enter combat before i can extract it. so if anyone has any tips could you share please :wink:
:shock:
I am killing first and DNA-ing the corpse. Am I at a loss?

/Zimoon

atox
Apprentice Crafter

Post by atox » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:41 pm

i never thought of that. you sir are a genius :D thank you again atox :)

CasualCrafter
Novice Crafter

Post by CasualCrafter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:49 pm

I have done both actually - i think with certain critters you may have more success than others. Although I mostly hunt cats!

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:10 pm

I thought you had to extract from a live specimen as well. Cool :D

Ceres
Novice Crafter

Post by Ceres » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:00 am

The Isomerases and hydrolases come from a corpse as well. You need an extractor for Hydro, preferably a good stacked one. To get better stats they have to have good stats in the hydro extractor itself. For mounts and holopets that doesnt matter.

For a great combat beast, getting everything including DNA and all enzymes with stats in the 80%+ range is pretty essential. /foraged Lyases with 9 or more "randoms" are also needed for a good stat combat beast, the higher the better.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:51 am

See, I'm not there yet. Right now, I want a pet. I may want to ride it. That's it. LOL But as I learn more, and understand more, it's fascinating. I look forward to being able to make these great combat pets for others. :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:35 am

Dea wrote:See, I'm not there yet. Right now, I want a pet. I may want to ride it. That's it. LOL But as I learn more, and understand more, it's fascinating. I look forward to being able to make these great combat pets for others. :)
Not all beasts can be made into mounts, this link shows which can and which cannot: http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Mount

Just figure out which one you want and hunt them down, any CL will do, and extract the DNA.

/Zimoon

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:56 pm

Awesome! Thanks for that link. :D I did the DNA extraction last night, and set the incubator up to run. So we'll see what happens. I got DNA from a Kashyyyk Bantha and a Varactyl. It's going to be fun. I am still surprised by how much this game has to offer.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Dea wrote:... I am still surprised by how much this game has to offer.
Eeeeeh, I have played since 2004 and I have still things to do and to learn. I guess it is up to the individual of course, but generally speaking, SWG is way more deep and feature rich than most other MMOs.

Have fun, that´s all :)

/Zimoon

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Yes, I kept coming back to SWG after trying others. I do like LOTRO, but just don't have the time for two games and SWG just has so much more to offer. I talked my brother into joining me, and he now has an account for his child as well as him. I'm doing the space stuff this time, which is very cool.

Yeah, just have fun with it. :) That's the bottom line.

LollipopDoc
Novice Crafter

Post by LollipopDoc » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:50 am

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about BM stuff. Mount making is fun, and you can even try and mutate them! There are known mutation combos (the right colours in the two iso slots and the lyase slot)for Dewback, Varactyl, Blurrg, and Cupa, as far as mounts go. :)

I'm Aerys' on Starsider, LollipopDoc on the SOE forums and here. :)