List of caps for the sub components

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

List of caps for the sub components

Post by Swedishoyster » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 am

I was really looking for this a while ago and I couldn't really find it so here it is:

All element chambers: 100% <-- Reach 100% and you're capped

Tibanna Gas and melee reinforcement 3.0/1.54

Barrels and vibro units 1.5/1.16

stocks and scopes 1.0/.73
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Re: List of caps for the sub components

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 am

These are the "official caps" as posted on the official muntion forums, but as we proved in a discussion elsewhere on this forums these values are able to go even a little bit further if you get a "lucky event" instead of one of the 3 amazings normally required to "cap" these components. I'll endeavour to try to get a lucky event for my next batch of ws subcomponents and report what the final outcome of a weapon will be.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

As Savacc pointed out in another thread, stretching "cap" this way is stretching the definition of cap.

I could stretch myself and say that these are the possible values with line A capped, or something like that.

Line B is obviously not capped, by far not, but there is a "practical max value" plus a "theoretical max value" given that line A is capped and there is a limited number of experimentation boxes to spend. At the official forum they tell the practical max value because you cannot really tell when you are going to get that lucky strike.

That said, if a component is cheap resource- and sub-component-wise you could sit in trial & error for a while, use all slots you have for the second line. When you get a lucky strike you are blessed and should do a manufacture schematic which probably will give you server best for quite some time. And also run and by a dozen of lottery tickets assuming Mrs. Fortune is beaming your way for a few more minutes 8)

/Zimoon

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Yes i know caps are wrong, but there seem t be some general consensus to say "capped components" and "capped weapons". My whole point was to push that limit to see if we can reach a new "cap" or maximum dps weapon somehow.

Yes it could take 20, 50 even 100 tries to get a lucky event but imagine the value of such a schematic.

To be able to sell a weapon exceeding the generally accepted "cap"...

This is what theorycrafting is all about, pushing the limits and getting better stuff than was generally accepted to be possible, to boldly go where... oh wrong game..

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:...This is what theorycrafting is all about, pushing the limits and getting better stuff than was generally accepted to be possible, to boldly go where... oh wrong game..
I understood you didn't think of WoW already at the first part of the sentence, WoW and theory 8)
But we boldly go wherever that begins with "Star...", don't we? :mrgreen:

Josh02886
Novice Crafter

Post by Josh02886 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Three years later? Anyone have any lucky strike feedback that relates to this topic directly?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:43 am

I guess you mean "are there some values listed somewhere?"

To be fair, I am not yet a WS so chances are I have missed some post either here or at official forums even if I try to superficially follow the discussions. There are way more discussions on why and how to address the randomness in crafting cores and weapons, something that makes adding augmentation bits too costly, than discussing artificial caps on the "B-line".

Theoretically speaking, which sums up this thread quite fair:
If you are lucky enough to get a Lucky Strike while experimenting on line B you'd add another .35% times number of boxes in that dice roll to the result. IMHO that ain't anything to go crazy about, but you will definitely come up with something that looks good, even if the game-play result is negligible.

A comment on the "negligible" ... all WS knows very well that the difference in DPS for a capped weapon versus one that lacks the last few points does is lost in the noise at a battle field. Yes, the average DPS is a few points less (over several fights) but there are so many other random effects happening at the same time that you can simply forget this number. To have one of your specials "firing" or not gives far more impact, and so it does also for the opponent; having a debuff or not, a glance-blow or not, a 2:nd chance heal with a random value or not and which value if it fired, ... you can make this list extremely long. Then blaming the weapon is like Han Solo navigating an asteroid field in high speed and blaming his not perfect cannon for a smashed engine ... or something 8)

If the value is negligible on the major line it won't have more impact on line B, would it? :lol:

Zimoon