Returning to SWG

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Darcstorm Nao
Novice Crafter

Returning to SWG

Post by Darcstorm Nao » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 am

Hello all,
Just returning after a 3 year layoff and soooooo glad to see this site, I love it.

I'm on the Euro-Chimaera server lvl83 Munitions.

I have lots to read up on, but most interesting is this core lvl in crafting, can you point me to any good guides on this ?

Thanx in advance,

Darcstorm Nao

P.S I really have missed the crafting :D am I mad and alone or are there others out there like me?
Darcstorm Nao
Weaponsmith lvl 83
Chimaera-Euro

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Returning to SWG

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 am

Not into Munitions. Yet. But glad to welcome you back to SWG :D

/Zimoon

Darcstorm Nao
Novice Crafter

Post by Darcstorm Nao » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:18 am

Thank you for the welcome back Zimoon :)

What are you into in SWG :) I like all the crafting, harvesting and a little bit of group hunting/missions to break up the crafting :)

Darcstorm Nao
Darcstorm Nao
Weaponsmith lvl 83
Chimaera-Euro

dirlok
Novice Crafter

Post by dirlok » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:54 am

Hey Darcstorm Nao,

I'm in the same boat. Just returned about 1 month ago. I've been away since CU. Main thing that brought me back to SWG was the crafting. Its by FAR the best crafting system ever created.

GU5 was the main thing to get me back in and going, as it should allow crafted weapons to really mean something again. I did transfer servers when I returned so I lost all my resources (worth the transfer though). Collecting them again is also fun :)

Welcome back :)
Deckz Fame - Weaponsmith - Bloodfin

Zanex
Novice Crafter

Post by Zanex » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:48 pm

I'm not aware of a good guide either, howerver. (off the top of my head here, bear with me)

Ranged weapon cores come in three (sizes) and each core will "fit" a pistol, or a carbine, or a rifle.

A ranged core used in a pistol will do less damage than a carbine, a core used in a carbine will do less damage than in a rifle.

Ranged Cores (advanced) range from CL 74-90 (maker choice on level) CL is experimented on during the first experimentation after assembly.

Only weapons made CL74 or above will have an additional "elemental" damage modifier...in a rifle the maximum elemental damage is "around 72-74"

Each ranged weapon made will require a stock, barrel, and a scope.

From what I've "heard", experiment fully on each component > maximum damage first, then fill in Minimum damage.

With a critical hit, the elemental damage done can be in excess of 1600.

Hope this helps a little bit, make a few, you'll see..When there are two schematics for the same item, choose the one with greater complexity, it will give you a greater <Min vs Max> ratio to work with....such as Tibena (sp) and Oberth gas chambers....used in Ranged Weapon Cores.

G'luck

Darcstorm Nao
Novice Crafter

Post by Darcstorm Nao » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:34 am

Thanks for that Aesop, some nice points there wil help me heaps, am getting back into it now :)

Hiya dirlok, am doing the same as you I transfered servers so no resources, but its fun collecting them all again.
I agree with you on the crafting, no game touches SWG on the crafting although I think EarthRise may be worth a look when it comes out.

Thanks again guys.
Darcstorm Nao
Weaponsmith lvl 83
Chimaera-Euro

Sparc
Novice Crafter

Post by Sparc » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:57 pm

If you are forced to choose, resources of the sub-components have a far greater effect than the resources in the final combine.