Armor decay gone?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Saoul
Novice Crafter

Armor decay gone?

Post by Saoul » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:21 am

Hey guys. :)

I was just wondering.. I understand that the condition stat for armors no longer matter since there is no item decay in the game anymore?

Okay, if this is true.. doesn't this completely screw up the economy? After a while, people won't need to buy new armors? I guess my question is, with item decay gone - what drives the economy now? What makes people want to buy new armors, other than making alts, or playing around with roleplay/appearance looks?

atox
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Armor decay gone?

Post by atox » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:49 pm

ive found that my armorsmith is making few items anymore. although he does have a semi steady income from pet-stims. other than that he just supplies parts for my beast master and a few armor cores for my DE. sad, with the no decay a smith can go from hero to zero in 2.5 seconds :cry:

Saoul
Novice Crafter

Post by Saoul » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 am

That's really.. really bad! :( I've been selling RP appearance armor like mad lately, but I suppose I should up my prices some then so I don't shoot myself and every other armor smith on the server in the foot.

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Saoul wrote:I've been selling RP appearance armor like mad lately, but I suppose I should up my prices some then so I don't shoot myself and every other armor smith on the server in the foot.
A concept lost on most armorsmiths as they undercut each other like mad of late, it's really quite a mess on SS this last month. Still, not many people play to the RP/appearance market, so you should have a gold - er - credit mine there, and should be able to dictate that market all by yourself.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

busymalla
Novice Crafter

Post by busymalla » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:15 am

Yep, it's been at least three years now since they took decay out of the game.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:00 pm

The only thing you can do about it, is be one of the lone voices crying out for it on the forums. If enough people were interested in it's return, we might be able to get it, but I doubt it.