Combat modules capped?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Combat modules capped?

Post by Dimmih » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 pm

So I made my verry first combat droid today, a lvl 90 droideka with 1 droideka shield module, 1 regenerative plating module and 6 combat modules. and 2 lvl 6 defense platings (overkill?). The question I have is this, is my droidekas damage capped? Here are the stats, and if you see anything that could be improved upon, please let me know.

Level: 90
Health: 16250
General Protection: 10000
To hit: 158
Defense Value: 141
State Resistance: 0%
Critical Hit Chanse: 0%
Critical Save Chanse: 0%
Aggro Bonus: 0%
Damage: 453-1359
Shield Heatsink: 82
Droideka Shield level: 2
Quickset Metal: 91
Regenerative Plating Level: 2
<DDE> Dimmih's Droid Emporium
On Europe-Farstar visit my shop in Free Sands (Tatooine)

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Re: Combat modules capped?

Post by Reeth » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:31 am

Yes, the damage listed is the maximum. A droid's damage output and health are tied to the combat level, so all level 90 droids will have the same stats. The only thing that varies is the General Protection, which you've maxxed out with one of the level 6 armor modules (no need to use two of those).

The only thing you could change really is the number and type of the new combat modules you install to increase the specials to level 3 or to add a greater variety.

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Allright, thanks a bunch, I have a followup question, from what I've read, any of the special combat modules are capped at 100 value per module, and at 99 you get rank 3 of the special move. Yet I keep seing droids with a value of 200 in flame attack etc, I know that they still have rank 3 (or rank 1 of they are combat classes) but would the increased value of 200 give a better attack of rank 3 flame attack than a rank 3 flame attack used by a value of 100? I think I made this sound alot more complicated than it had to but I hope you get what I mean

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Reeth » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:24 am

The potency values are only used to set the level of the special, and the effect is determined solely by the level used. There is a chart on the SOE forums showing the numbers for each one in the thread: The New Droid Specials.

The design of these new combat modules was changed part way through the testing of update 12. It's possible that the numbers were originally intended to have a greater significance, but for now they are only relevant during the crafting process. It was suggested during testing that it would be better for the finished droids to list only the levels to avoid confusion, but that didn't happen, unfortunately.

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:19 am

So in other words, the guys making the droids with 200 in flamethrower value etc are just wasting valuable capped resources for nothing?

Thanks for the great info =)

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Had another thought to this, I've read it and confirmed it myself, all but crafters will have cl 60 droids AND only the first rank of all the special droid moves, which makes buying even a droid with 100 in any of the special moves modules a waste of resources and money, as long as the droid is dps capped and has enough for rank 1 in the specialmoves then it is capped for a combat class user, or am I wrong?

*edit* Actually, after trying out some Super Battle Droids I find that making 12 capped combatmodules will give you 12.5k armor, using non-capped modules will make the armor value lower.

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Right... I've got an issue... I'm currently making factory crates of capped combat modules... managed to get 100% quality electric shocker modules and regenerative plating modules...

I have not managed to get 100% on flame jet and torture panel, despite having materials that are capped...

I'll explain my dilemma in full detail here...

Mats used on 100% Regenerative Plating: (50% CD 50% OQ)
50 units of Mewosik
CD: 937
OQ: 983

This material gave me a 100% quality regenerative plating module...

Now when I tried making a torture panel I only got 99%

Mats used on 99% Torture panel: (50% CD 50% OQ)
30 units of Mewosik
CD: 937
OQ: 983

20 units of Idorbiiam
CD: - (polymer, the slot required chemical)
OQ: 975

Now why, when the copper gave me a 100% quality module that demanded the exact same qualities, and im using an OQ capped chemical, don't I get a 100% combat module?

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Average OQ/CD on "Mewosik" is 960, so it is not capped as a generic copper (it is as a Platinite Copper I guess).
962 is the cap, more exactly any average value greater than 961.5
So your chemical is capped but not your copper.

PS: a Platinite Copper CD caps at 961 while a Copper CD caps at 1000 (Conductive Borcarbitic Copper for example).
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Yes, capped is 1000 but with expertize you can lower cap to 960, thats what I'm using... you dont need to have 1000 to cap, you need to have 960+

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Im not a Droid Engineer, so the info Im going to give is general crafting info.

I looked for the schematics for "Regenerative Plating" and "Torture Panels" but either they are too new and we dont have them yet, or I dont know how we list them and cant find them. So, going off your info Ill assume that the "Regenerative Plating" takes only Copper and the Experimental Qualities are CD 50% and OQ 50%. That makes the formula for this schematic pretty simple.

(937 * .5) + (983 * .5) = 960
Add the +40 bonus for resource quality and you have 1000, so it is easy to see how this resource "caps".
The resource quality bonus is +40 and not +4%, the devs lie. :? Another important factor is that this bonus is always added at the very end of the equasion, as the final step. It is NOT added to each individual resource but rather only once and only at the very end.

Now for "Torture Panels" things get more complicated. If Im reading your post right, the schematic calls for two resources, Copper and Chem, to further complicate things, there are 30 units of the Copper and 20 units of the Chem. The Experimental Properties are still CD 50% and OQ 50%. The fact that Chem does not have a CD stat raises more complications.
The steps we go through are the same though, find the average CD and OQ weighing in the differing amounts, then apply the 50/50 Experimental Property, then add the +40 resource bonus at the end.
Remember only the Copper has a CD stat, so that is going to be as easy as the first example. When a resource does not have a stat it is removed from the equaision.

CD = 937
we could multipy 937 by 30 and divide it by 30 to factor in the amount, but it's going to end up 937
OQ = (983 * 30 + 975 * 20) / (30 + 20) = 979.8
(937 * .5) + (979.8 * .5) = 958.4
958.4 + 40 = 998.4

This schematic will not "cap" but come very very close.

For more info on the Crafting Formulas see Z's Guide, Chapter on Power Crafting.

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:04 pm

oh stupid math! so annoying!! :evil: thanks for the help :)

Sakh
Novice Crafter

Post by Sakh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Dimmih wrote:So in other words, the guys making the droids with 200 in flamethrower value etc are just wasting valuable capped resources for nothing?

It depends... If the guys that you mention did have pre-GU12 great (108.0+) simple combat modules on store, then yes, maybe we can call any droid with 100+ to be a waste of valuable resources. But since many DEs did not have those on store (and many DEs weren't even DEs before GU12, but that's an other topic) - in this case, it's easier to run some factory runs on the new modules, and to "overfill" the droids with these. (Simple pre-GU12 combat modules also require quality resources - so those "200+" guys had to do 1 less factory run...)

So in other words: maybe yes, maybe no.

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:19 am

Sakh wrote:
Dimmih wrote:So in other words, the guys making the droids with 200 in flamethrower value etc are just wasting valuable capped resources for nothing?

It depends... If the guys that you mention did have pre-GU12 great (108.0+) simple combat modules on store, then yes, maybe we can call any droid with 100+ to be a waste of valuable resources. But since many DEs did not have those on store (and many DEs weren't even DEs before GU12, but that's an other topic) - in this case, it's easier to run some factory runs on the new modules, and to "overfill" the droids with these. (Simple pre-GU12 combat modules also require quality resources - so those "200+" guys had to do 1 less factory run...)

So in other words: maybe yes, maybe no.
Yeah, I see your point :) at the time I wasn't aware that you could give your super battle droid more armor by using only capped combat modules either, which is another reason to use only capped modules for these

Hashashin
Novice Crafter

Post by Hashashin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 am

Dimmih wrote:Right... I've got an issue... I'm currently making factory crates of capped combat modules... managed to get 100% quality electric shocker modules and regenerative plating modules...
Was it my order? ;)

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Hashashin wrote:
Dimmih wrote:Right... I've got an issue... I'm currently making factory crates of capped combat modules... managed to get 100% quality electric shocker modules and regenerative plating modules...
Was it my order? ;)
Yep :D