Strange....

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

svitol
Novice Crafter

Strange....

Post by svitol » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 pm

hello to everyone and thanks in advance for ( hopefully ) the answer...

Well, i'm a lev 90 trader ( mastered last long, late, night hehe ) Engineering Master VI....i'm Droid specced.

I don't have any of Droid Medical Module schematic ....and don't know why :(

Obv i have all kind of crafting stations, still...the medical Module schematic ......

Any help - tip - suggestion please ? I'm really desperate, wanted to craft surgical also adv surgical droids....but whitout the "main" part...they are useless :(

Oh yeah...another question...does anyone know the name of this kind of house by the picture ?
can't find by the market....such as naboo, corellia etc etc....and i really want this one cause....well...it's amazing !
thanks !
Attachments
house.JPG
house.JPG (35.31 KiB) Viewed 11537 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Strange....

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:18 pm

I believe they are taken away since they became obsolete with NGE. No Medic/Doctor needs them anymore.

And welcome around, new people every day, awesome :D

/Zimoon

svitol
Novice Crafter

Post by svitol » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

I was thinking the same...but i'm new on swg so... :wink:

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:20 pm

svitol wrote:Oh yeah...another question...does anyone know the name of this kind of house by the picture ?
can't find by the market....such as naboo, corellia etc etc....and i really want this one cause....well...it's amazing !
thanks !
It's a Mustafar Bunker - it's a reward for getting one of the expansions. Trial of Obi-Wan I assume. I believe it's a no-trade unfortunately.

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Reeth » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 pm

A long time ago in a galaxy near you, when someone got shot they stayed shot and eventually needed to find a Medic or Doctor to repair the damage. Medic and Doctor were crafting professions and they could only use their more powerful medicines and buffs in certain places, a cantina, medical centre or at a camp. They could get around this restriction by using a droid fitted with a Medical Module, which also gave them a slight bonus to their healing power. These droids were very popular!

When that system was replaced with what we have now where all damage magically heals itself at the end of combat, the need for this module disappeared. The module itself finally disappeared in the Chapter 5 publish in early 2007 when the schematic was removed. Don't bother with the droid repair module either, that doesn't work for the same reason that the medical module didn't.

A medical module is not a necessary component of a surgical droid anyway. Like most of the other droids, they are just different looking containers you can install with whatever function modules you choose to fit. Medical droids can't heal, mining droids don't mine, an astromech won't repair your spaceship, your protocol droid won't translate for you nor can it speak Bocce, the binary load lifter can only carry the same amount of stuff as a mouse droid and battle droids don't... well, not very much anyway.

Oh, and yes, the building in your picture, the Mustafar Bunker is a reward item for buying the digital download version of the Trial of Obi-Wan expansion. They are indeed 'no trade' items, so you won't find one for sale.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 am

Just a short note, yes, the bunker is from the Trials of Obi Wan expansion. But it is from buying the expansion itself, it does not come with the bundles that happens to also include ToOW. Bought at the SOE Station online shop as a digital download, but the only thing you need is the register key which you add to the account at the Launchpad. Yes, only one per account. Takes 5 lots and have a horrendous footprint so it is usually not very welcome in player cities.

/Zimoon

svitol
Novice Crafter

Post by svitol » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:56 am

Many thanks for everything :)

Just bought the expansion for that Mustafar thing :)

Sakh
Novice Crafter

Post by Sakh » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:20 pm

svitol wrote:Many thanks for everything :)

Just bought the expansion for that Mustafar thing :)
Beware the expansion. Adding ToOW causes an issue at active accounts. After adding ToOW, the subscription start to behave, as if it would be a trial account (characters' limitation in chat, etc.). It is a known issue, and if You find this to happen to Your account, just post about Your problem on OF, under Star Wars Galaxies » Top » Support Forums » Account and Billing Issues (Subscription and Password) There are some threads about this issue on the first page atm.
Happened the same with one of my accounts as well, and after PMing TSR-JamisonW, He fixed my account very quickly. I hope, this helps.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Good to know about that expansion causing issues. I may get it eventually on my second account. Those bunkers are huge inside, and I ALWAYS get lost. But I can't resist wandering around in those that are made into museums. It amazes me how much stuff there is to collect and display, and how inventive people are in showing off their houses. I use mine on one toon, and yes, I get lost there too! Takes me forever to find my way out.