Astromech Data Modules Capping issue

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

abomnable
Novice Crafter

Astromech Data Modules Capping issue

Post by abomnable » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi everyone, first post so make it a good one I thought,
I have been wracking my wookiee brains over crafting problems with data modules.
I cannot get anywhere near cap with astromechs, the best so far has been around 65% so what am i overlooking.
I use the best available resources that easily cap other modules (i'm not talking durability but efficiency) The gas and ore don't have conductivity but are up there in the 970's OQ the other resources are 90%+ cond and oq. They start experimentation at 14% as apposed to 29 or 30% that i am used to seeing.
So I thought i would ask the professionals, what am i missing?

(btw i have been secretly using this site for years , thought i'd better make an honest user out of myself)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Astromech Data Modules Capping issue

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 pm

abomnable wrote:Hi everyone, first post so make it a good one I thought,
I have been wracking my wookiee brains over crafting problems with data modules.
I cannot get anywhere near cap with astromechs, the best so far has been around 65% so what am i overlooking.
I use the best available resources that easily cap other modules (i'm not talking durability but efficiency) The gas and ore don't have conductivity but are up there in the 970's OQ the other resources are 90%+ cond and oq. They start experimentation at 14% as apposed to 29 or 30% that i am used to seeing.
So I thought i would ask the professionals, what am i missing?

(btw i have been secretly using this site for years , thought i'd better make an honest user out of myself)
The experimental lines for all R2 to R5 is based on OQ/SR/UT, not only OQ.

Welcome around and congrats to your first post :D

/Zimoon

abomnable
Novice Crafter

Post by abomnable » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 pm

it's not the droids but the data modules i have a problem with , and the schem only asks for cond. and OQ.
I was wondering weather there was a secret to getting a good finished data module that i wasn't aware of, or does everyone have this problem. :?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:21 am

I was starting to reply, when i saw Z post and then deleted mine.
Im not an Engineer, but the only thing I can see is that the Data Modules call for Control Units. From making Crafting Stations, I know that the Control Units for them must be High Quality or the rating on the Crafting Station suffers. So how good are your Control Units?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:46 pm

abomnable wrote:it's not the droids but the data modules i have a problem with , and the schem only asks for cond. and OQ.
I was wondering weather there was a secret to getting a good finished data module that i wasn't aware of, or does everyone have this problem. :?
abomnable wrote:it's not the droids but the data modules i have a problem with , and the schem only asks for cond. and OQ.
OK, data modules, that was a different animal, "astromechs" is the DE nickname for the R-series (or in large all droids that can be used in a space ship).

Which level of them? And what resources and stats. Elaborate, please.

Any crap sub components will do.

/Zimoon

abomnable
Novice Crafter

Post by abomnable » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 am

ok i am using
copper OQ 856 cond 979
inert gas OQ 957 cond N/A
intrusive ore OQ 964 cond N/A

the schem calls for OQ 50% and Cond 50%, as the gas and ore don't have conductivity stats those are the only weaknesses i can see, but that means never getting a good module, The lvl of module doesn't make a difference and as the low level ones have no sub components i can rule those out as the weak link. I have been DE since NGE and can usually solve these issues but this one is punishing my head.

I am baffled :?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:42 am

abomnable wrote:ok i am using
copper OQ 856 cond 979
inert gas OQ 957 cond N/A
intrusive ore OQ 964 cond N/A

the schem calls for OQ 50% and Cond 50%, as the gas and ore don't have conductivity stats those are the only weaknesses i can see, but that means never getting a good module, The lvl of module doesn't make a difference and as the low level ones have no sub components i can rule those out as the weak link. I have been DE since NGE and can usually solve these issues but this one is punishing my head.

I am baffled :?
I believe you also use copper in the Metal slot. Your copper is inferior. Neither OQ nor CD is close to 1000 which is the cap on those stats. And since copper is used in the weigh 2/3 it has that impact on the final outcome.

Missing stats is not your problem, indeed the CD is not missing, it is met by the copper. A stat only needs to be filled once, from any one of the resources you use. That is a trick that you'd better look into to be able to use in the case a schematic calls for, for example, SR. If SR is met by a great metal and the schematic also calls for Chemical, then Lubricating Oil is your friend as it does not have SR at all.

I asked about level to see what exact schematic you refer to, obviously level 1 and 2 since you don't list Chemical.

For more info on how stats and experimentation lines work, see Power Crafting in the Beginners Guide for Traders. That guide reads the ropes about crafting.

Good luck :)

/Zimoon

abomnable
Novice Crafter

Post by abomnable » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks for that, it just goes to show you are never too old to learn, lol. I think you must be right. The same result happens in 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 & 7 data modules, as these are more complex schems it must be something to do with the basic recipe which is why i chose to experiment with 1 and 2.
I will go shopping then.
Thanks again.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Do not forget to read the chapter I referred too, it is more complex than just the stats or the single weighs, it is the total "weighed average end result" that counts. Therefor the horrendous formulas, ugly as ... but that is how it works.

/Zimoon

Sakh
Novice Crafter

Post by Sakh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:37 am

:shock:

Why on Earth do You experiment on the Data Modules?! :? That only will cause the droids' level to be raised without wanting it, or knowing about it. That's only good for making astrodroids' carfting to be chaotic, and for getting other level astros, that You'd like to get.

Never ever make any experiments on Droid Data Modules.

Just my two cents.