Datamining finished! and other news

The purpose of this board is for any announcements by the developers. Only developers can start topics on this board.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Datamining finished! and other news

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm

As of 10 minutes ago, the dataminer finished mining data from the last of the servers, thus finishing its purpose in life :)

Over 650.000 resources has been imported thanks to this dataminer :)

In other news:

I just finished changing the "Add Resources" page. It now automatically submits the resource to SWGCraft.com too :) This should mean that we're fully exchanging data with SWGCraft.com :D
Last edited by Sobuno on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Datamining finished! and other news

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:04 pm

Sobuno wrote:As of 10 minutes ago, the dataminer finished mining data from the last of the servers, thus finishing its purpose in life :)

In other news:

I just finished changing the "Add Resources" page. It now automatically submits the resource to SWGCraft.com too :) This should mean that we're fully exchanging data with SWGCraft.com :D
Great news indeed :D

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Very sweet:)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:33 pm

OK, I admit I can get lost going to the bathroom but I can't find where to post resources :oops: Is resource posting open to the general riff-raff yet?

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:37 pm

Zbignew wrote:OK, I admit I can get lost going to the bathroom but I can't find where to post resources :oops: Is resource posting open to the general riff-raff yet?

Zbig
Okay, directions from this thread :)

At the top of the page, it says SWGCraft Project. Below that line is a line that says Public Development Forum - Public Development Site. Click on Public Development Site and you will be sent on to the site. In the left-side menu, it says Add Resources... Click there and you can enter resources from there

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zbignew wrote:OK, I admit I can get lost going to the bathroom but I can't find where to post resources :oops: Is resource posting open to the general riff-raff yet?

Zbig
Okay, directions from this thread :)

At the top of the page, it says SWGCraft Project. Below that line is a line that says Public Development Forum - Public Development Site. Click on Public Development Site and you will be sent on to the site. In the left-side menu, it says Add Resources... Click there and you can enter resources from there
You must have recently fixed that link. Just a week ago, clicking there only brought me back to the forums. :wink:

One of the things I was waiting till you got back from Spain to say was that we need a link from the forums to the front page.

Tyfo
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tyfo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:23 pm

It was a error on your side - it has always brought me to the resource-site.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Never touched the link after putting it up :P

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:59 am

Tyfo wrote:It was a error on your side - it has always brought me to the resource-site.
Ok, It is working for me now. :D

Bray
Novice Crafter

Post by Bray » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:06 pm

Sobuno wrote:As of 10 minutes ago, the dataminer finished mining data from the last of the servers, thus finishing its purpose in life :)

In other news:

Where was the data mined from the game or SWGcraft. I ask because I am curious if ALL the resources are there or if its the ones that SWGcraft knows about. This would be helpful with the 30K resource kits.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:56 pm

Bray wrote:

In other news:

Where was the data mined from the game or SWGcraft. I ask because I am curious if ALL the resources are there or if its the ones that SWGcraft knows about. This would be helpful with the 30K resource kits.
SWGCraft.com

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:22 am

Bray wrote:...This would be helpful with the 30K resource kits.
I dunno what you mean here ... but the best use for the 30k kit is to use it as a resource stat browser. 30k of a resources is nothing in the end of the day, but being able to always browse the stats of all new resources sitting at your porch is great.

I assume you submit resource stats to this site's database so then this tool is a great help to gather the stats for the resources that the ISDroid reports indicate are new.

/Z

Bray
Novice Crafter

Post by Bray » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:19 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Bray wrote:...This would be helpful with the 30K resource kits.
I dunno what you mean here ... but the best use for the 30k kit is to use it as a resource stat browser. 30k of a resources is nothing in the end of the day, but being able to always browse the stats of all new resources sitting at your porch is great.

I assume you submit resource stats to this site's database so then this tool is a great help to gather the stats for the resources that the ISDroid reports indicate are new.

/Z
How do you do that , all it tells me is the name of the resource.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:27 am

Bray wrote:How do you do that , all it tells me is the name of the resource.
Next screen will read the stats for the resource but not realize it into your inventory. But at that screen, where the stats are read, be careful and back out. You do not want 30k of crappy resource, do you? With careful I mean, don't do anything else while at that screen, I once replied to a chat and, somehow, when I hit Enter I got 30k of some Wood. Kindly enough the CSR (as they were called at the time, now GM) restored the deed. Use the ESC button on your keyboard or carefully press the Cancel button.

/Z